04/26/24 at 02:18:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
V-Cap ODAM Capacitors (Read 4151 times)
Doug
Seasoned Member

V-Cap ODAM Capacitors
10/16/20 at 03:51:55

Anyone using ODAM caps in a crossover, amp, preamp, etc.?  If so, how do you like them?

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
fidelity71
Verified Member

Re: V-Cap ODAM Capacitors
Reply #1 - 10/20/20 at 02:11:37

hi Doug Funny that you ask this, I am currently looking at them to install on my zkit, How ever I am assuming the Zkit has An Input imp of 100k or is closer to 200k ohm, the main reason I ask this is  for choice, Steve recommends 3.3uf, how ever if the input is 200k ohm than I may go lower than 3.3 and save some $ on my ODAM caps. At 3.3 400v 89.02 each
I may go slightly higher say 4.7uf As I have these on hand, mundorf, I may try these first.

IP Logged
slop
Verified Member

Re: V-Cap ODAM Capacitors
Reply #2 - 10/24/20 at 14:12:06

I installed Odams about two months ago in my SET 45. It is well documented Vcaps take a long time to break-in, no exception here. They are an exercise in patience. They replaced Cornell Dubilier (Mallory caps). I have played with Jupiter, Miflex, and Duelund caps. It's really hard to compare capacitors, so many great choices. And they all sound really good! Odams are very liquid and transparent with deep tuneful bass. A great flow and ease to the music. They certainly pass whatever is in the recording good or bad. I am using them with the Miflex at the moment. I've read the Odam bypassed with the Vcap CUTF have great synergy - I may try that one day. They certainly elevated the amp to another level without changing the sonic signature, which was important for me. I really really like them!

IMG_2738.jpeg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print