Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 10:39:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monoliths vs. DNA Horns (Read 2171 times)
feeling_zen
Verified Member

Monoliths vs. DNA Horns
06/19/20 at 05:32:54

I was looking at the DNA Horns for a new system but given their size am unsure how they will fill a largish room with mainly classic rock and funk on a 10w amp.

But then got to thinking that the Monoliths are only fractionally more than the DNA Horns and wondering how they compare? I know more speaker doesn't equal better necessarily but I assume they are more capable. It would be my first foray into horn loading which brings up another concern. Can these types of horns even work fairly close to a rear wall? I can probably get away 10" of rear clearance.

As a side question, does anyone know what the current lead time is on Decware speaker orders?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Monoliths vs. DNA Horns
Reply #1 - 07/11/20 at 12:58:37

I don't know about 10 inch clearance.The Monoliths are ported to the rear. Mine are around 16" from the rear wall and I don't have boomy bass.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Re: Monoliths vs. DNA Horns
Reply #2 - 07/11/20 at 18:14:40

Back when, I asked Steve about the Monoliths versus the HR1s and he told me the Monoliths should be pulled out from the wall.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print