Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 16:59:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Connections when biaising? (Read 6190 times)
hells

Connections when biaising?
06/13/20 at 02:41:35

Hey all,

Not sure if I missed this somewhere in the manual but when you bias your Jr’s, do you have your interconnects and speakers plugged into the jr? Or do you have everything disconnected except power?

Omega CAM's | Rythmik F12SE | Schiit Gungnir MB | Torii Jr/25th Anniv | SE84UFO | Thorens TD160BC MkII | Tisbury Mini Passive Preamp II | Hegel H190
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Connections when biaising?
Reply #1 - 06/13/20 at 03:21:49

It can be done either way.  Usually everything IS connected, the amp on and the volume controls all the way down.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
hells

Reply #2 - 06/13/20 at 03:50:54

Awesome thanks Steve!

Omega CAM's | Rythmik F12SE | Schiit Gungnir MB | Torii Jr/25th Anniv | SE84UFO | Thorens TD160BC MkII | Tisbury Mini Passive Preamp II | Hegel H190
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/13/20 at 21:22:48

So how do you like your TJ so far?

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
hells

Reply #4 - 06/13/20 at 21:29:50

UPS just dropped it off an hour ago. Just finished getting it biased, but man this things large! I’ll post impressions here soon (unless the music takes me Cheesy)

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/14/20 at 19:10:41

Haha, yes - she's a heavy beast!

Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
hells

Reply #6 - 06/14/20 at 20:31:45

Short impressions, but I spent all yesterday listening! Without getting into too many hifi superlatives, it just sounds musical. It's so fast on transients. Interestingly I don't really hear more gain compared to the Super Zen, if anything the volume is dead on the nuts identical. My understanding is that is normal, and the extra wattage is for headroom when the extra power (not gain) is needed on transients.

The sound quality is so excellent though. It still has a long break in ahead of it, but I already prefer it to my super zen. It's slightly brighter, which I attribute to the tubes. I decided not to do the stepped attenuators due to cost, and now I'm happy I didn't do them for a different reason! It actually came in handy, allowing me to slightly tweak the channel balance and then use my passive preamp for volume control is just sweet. This amp is goddamn glorious. Steve should be proud, but that's hardly the first time he's heard that  ;D

- Brandon

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/14/20 at 21:35:16

Back when I had both the Torii Jr. and the Rachael.
Whenever I had a tube or fuse finally give up the ghost in the TJ, if I didn’t have the time to immediately address the issue, I’d just move everything - interconnects, power cable - over to my Rachael and power it up in order to keep music going - until later that day or perhaps the next day - until I could spend the time to diagnos.
Anyway, whenever I did that I immediately noticed that the Rachael sounded thinner by comparison.
In my system, the TJ had a noticeable extra fullness, weight, body, heft to the music.

Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
hells

Reply #8 - 06/14/20 at 22:18:01

That's interesting, I think I'm noticing music having more body as well. How did the jr compare to your mk 4? Did the fullness and body return? Might be a Torii characteristic to the sound!

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 06/15/20 at 01:21:24

Could be!
I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when my Mk IV is finally delivered!

Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
hells

Reply #10 - 06/15/20 at 01:25:54

Exciting! Report back what you find! Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print