Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 04:17:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii Audio Fast 10 Speakers (Read 3211 times)
x2turbo
Verified Member

Lii Audio Fast 10 Speakers
04/02/20 at 22:57:37

I thought I'd share this here since it was Decware that led me to the discovery of Lii Audio drivers. I built the TL cabs using the plans on the Lii site. I'm also waiting on metal plate to be cut for outriggers using Role Audio outriggers as inspiration.

I'm driving them with my Taboo MKIII. They sound incredible and the sound stage in lucid mode is eerily beautiful at times.

Other components are a Grant Fidelity Tube DAC 11, Apple TV, Audio Note kit phonostage and an Empire 698 Troubadour TT w\ Grace F9 cart.

I'm a vintage audio collector\restorer and see myself selling a few things so I can get a better matching Decware amp.

Fast_10_Speakers.jpg
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: Lii Audio Fast 10 Speakers
Reply #1 - 04/03/20 at 00:44:59

Welcome. I commented on these on your Lii Audio group post. Again, nice job! They are beautiful.

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
x2turbo
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/20 at 00:56:12

Thanks Geno x2

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/03/20 at 01:01:17

Beautiful cabinets, nice work. How do they compare to other speakers you had?
Thanks,
John

IP Logged
x2turbo
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/03/20 at 01:35:29

I've had a lot of speakers go thru my hands. Mostly vintage that I restored and upgraded the xovers. East coast, west coast, 2 ways up to 5 ways, planar, omni, etc. I have a full Vandersteen surround sound system too. I also have a pair of Seas Odins I built that have always been my favorite. Depending on the day. I drive the Odins with various SS or tube gear. Pioneer 1250\1980 or Bogen\Scott\Fisher tube. All restored  The clarity of those speakers and punch for a 7" driver always made me smile.

These are the first full range speakers I've ever had and the only speakers I've been able to drive with my Taboo other than small desktop speakers. The Taboo has always been my office headphone system.

I'm sure the Taboo has a lot to do with it and although they don't play to the level my other systems do they are certainly loud enough to get my wife to come downstairs and tell me to turn it down. But the soundstage and detail are amazing. They could use more bass for my taste (not that they don't have tight bass) but I attributed that to the Taboo. So I hooked up a Marantz 2270 and had bass in spades. But the magic of the Taboo is undeniable so I keep going back to it.

The amp I covet is the ZMA because I wanted more watts to drive my inefficient Odins, but maybe I need to rethink wattage or maybe not. I love the look of the ZMA!

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/03/20 at 02:55:50

X2, not sure which Taboo you have but I have III for my headphones. When using it on speakers you have to turn one of the options/switches off. It is in the manual and you probably know about it. I made that mistake once and the amp just sounded off compared to the 2 watt CS amps I have. It was all because of how its wired. Check on that because it should give you plenty of bass.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print