Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 03:07:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
old guy needs to down size...medical diagnosis (Read 2923 times)
dla405j

old guy needs to down size...medical diagnosis
03/11/20 at 17:54:58

any recommendations or help/advice would be appreciated. This long term decware fan has amps, preamps, connects, phono amps, power conditioners, speakers, speaker cables, stands, many tubes, most nos, top quality stuff....I don't want to give this equipment away but would rather have have it go to friends, aquaintences, and enthusiasts  here first.  It will take me a week to put a list together.  My first priority is to make this as easy as possible but don't know whether to predetermine/set prices with mininums or go to the highest bidder?...shipping has to be simple as well as payment.  My son and wife won't/can't make sense of this complexity even though he has decware equipment...he has little time and  a multitude of projects and I don't want to burden him/them with this task....I have two local audio retailers who know me well and both have been advised and will be there to either buy or put on consignment.  I am overwhelmed with doctor appointments, evaluations, trips to UW madison cancer care then after that treatment locally in Rockford IL.  Add to this is drug choices, prescriptions, transportation ( I can't drive now).  I am only 90 miles from suburban Chicago and the same from Madison so there always is the oportunity to visit and take a look and take the purchase(s) with you...thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Dave
dla405j

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Re: old guy needs to down size...medical diagnosis
Reply #1 - 03/11/20 at 19:08:36

Terribly sorry to hear about your health troubles.
Wishing you the strength & endurance to take it on and get healed.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Tubeburner
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/11/20 at 20:58:45

Dave I feel for you. I pray for a cure. You need a list of what you would like to sell and people could make offers from there. If you have a ZMA, I would be interested in one. Smiley

IP Logged
dla405j

Reply #3 - 03/11/20 at 22:23:40

I also have 3 tts plus carts both mm & mc and step-ups; included decware zp3.....some/most unused or mounted; a very beautiful rega with advanced add-ons including groove tracer...it's set-up but unused, decware speaker cables :styx.....3 cp2 & 2+ preamps, vinyl cleaning options, vinyl records & cd's.  Info will be added as soon as I can get to it....I go to treatment monday with a week start from 9-3 Monday then off to Madison to meet & stay? at UW madison cancer care & have assessments and tests with surgical oncologist.  so sell off will probably begin in 2 weeks, first come first served..those with reasonable offers....other advice encouraged....thanks for your help....no more medical info is necessary on this forum and I'll be specific to the gear that I am offering asap....Dave/dla405j

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/11/20 at 22:40:52

Dave,

God bless my friend.  My prayers are with you.

JD

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/12/20 at 01:12:10

All the best Dave and I hope you have all the support you need. Keep the faith, keep a positive attitude.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/12/20 at 10:32:45

Life is so challenging. My partner, she is having some major issues too. I feel for you.

If you are able to put a list together though, I might be interested in the speaker cables or tts.

Best wishes and blessings to you,

Scott

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/12/20 at 13:58:59

Dave, sorry for what you are going through; but please don’t sell everything. Keep some equipment for yourself so that after you long appointments you can come home, relax and play some music to sooth your soul. Listening to good music is part of the recovery process. Stay strong my friend.

IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/12/20 at 17:15:44

Prayers for you and yours Dave. I’d be interested in the vinyl. I will message you with my email.

Charlie

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/12/20 at 18:24:21

Dave,

I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues. I'm sure you'll find a good home with posters here, should you decide to sell some equipment. Wishing all the best with your upcoming doctor visits, treatments, and necessary life adjustments.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #10 - 03/19/20 at 08:02:17

Prayers sent Dave!  I am interested in any amp and tubes that you might have. Best wishes,
Morgan

IP Logged
dla405j

Reply #11 - 03/19/20 at 13:44:57

..will add you to list......you'll get it soon (as possible)......next week? ..doctor appointments may slow down process......thanks!
Dave

IP Logged
PJ62
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 04/02/20 at 16:19:47

Hope things work out. Would be interested in amps.

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 04/12/20 at 16:28:42

Hope you will get better, and im sorry for the late response. If possible i would be interested in step-up transformer, and also tubes for CSP3, and input tubes for zen-amp

IP Logged
Rich4349
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 09/08/20 at 21:22:51

Sorry to hear of your plight, Dave. Just lost my brother last fall.

I'm local and I can help you out sorting through things and helping you do what you want to get done.
Rich

IP Logged
khedspeth
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 09/08/20 at 21:31:36

Wishing you and your family only the best Dave.  Dealing with this during your health issues, so that you don't burden your family says a lot about you.  Take care and God Bless.

Kevin

IP Logged
Monkeyman
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 09/25/20 at 02:36:28

Realize this is an older posting, but do you still have any items for sale?

Paul

IP Logged
dla405j

Reply #17 - 09/25/20 at 14:34:35

yes...more later on today.....

IP Logged
dla405j

Reply #18 - 09/25/20 at 14:38:31

yes, more info today or tomorrow...
Dave

dla405j

IP Logged
HammockJoe
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 09/26/20 at 16:49:01

Hello Dave, I also would be interested in some of your items.  If still available.  Mainly, your ZP3 Phono amp and possibly some Decware speaker cables.  Take Care.

IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 09/26/20 at 17:19:25

I'd potentially be interested as well, but most importantly Dave, I hope you are doing well. It has been 6 months since your initial post and I hope in that time health and peace have come to you.

Thanks,
Richard

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 09/27/20 at 04:32:14

Hello, Dave.
I did not see this until today. If you are still asking for: "any recommendations or help/advice would be appreciated."

I would say, As you are "overwhelmed with doctor appointments, evaluations, trips to UW madison cancer care"; I advise: turn the whole mess over to the  "two local audio retailers who know me well and both have been advised and will be there to either buy or put on consignment."

There is no need for you to be bothered with this.
I hope this is helpful, Brian

IP Logged
Timothy McCarty
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 09/28/20 at 16:51:31

Hi,
I'm in Madison, WI and always looking for gear. Good luck with your health first and talk to me about the audio stuff when you have the opportunity.

Best,
Tim

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 09/29/20 at 17:01:10

I second Brian's emotion. Then you can post the dealer's information so the people here can contact him if they are interested in anything. You don't need to be bothered with selling shit when you are fighting for a decent quality of life.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
challenger1
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 06/01/21 at 02:30:46

Would purchase a ZP3 if available. Thanks,Ken

IP Logged
Zforce
Verified Member

Beauty is in the eye
of the beer holder

Reply #25 - 06/01/21 at 06:34:47

Young man ... NEVER give in ... like they say 'the music never dies'  

FENDENDAZOLE        *ills ca*cer

You need to research, and take this cheap YET effective pet "worm" treatment for $5+/month.

Except a gift if helps you, and I know IT WILL :-}}

and you can keep your gear and stop visiting the what I call WHITE coat mafia who will take away your LAST chance to be your OWN healer and doctor.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #26 - 06/12/21 at 15:41:45

Best wishes for your health and well being.  If at this time, you have a list of items for sale, I would be interested.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print