Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 18:55:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
replacing all tubes at once? (Read 1613 times)
back2vinyl

replacing all tubes at once?
01/19/20 at 01:46:05

Question, when one tube goes and you don't really know what tube goes, but you just know something isn't right, do you just replace the entire set on the ZP3?  I did it the first time around, but wondering if it's a waste to toss all tubes even if they have been in for a couple years….Don't ask on hour usage as I would have no idea, I'd say on the very, very lean side if I were to guess.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: replacing all tubes at once?
Reply #1 - 01/19/20 at 04:32:00

You don’t want to replace all of them. Just the one that’s bad. The others could last a long time after.  Ive had mine for several years, and have not had one go bad. I’ve rolled all of them though experimenting to see what sounds best. So not sure how to tell which tube is out. Process of elimination??? Not sure if there is an internal fuse to protect the amp if the rectifier goes out? The Zen amp does.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
back2vinyl

Re: replacing all tubes at once?
Reply #2 - 01/19/20 at 05:07:32

Well I guess you could use process of ellimination if you have all tubes backed up and time…First time the ZP3 was just not firing up completely, some tubes glowed, others didn't …I just tossed all because I had back ups but don't want to do that again if possible.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print