Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 10:11:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Talented musicians in the Decware family (Read 2145 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Talented musicians in the Decware family
12/19/19 at 04:42:42

You would think there would have to be many talented musicians in the vast Decware family (as we already know there are) so I was thinking...

With todays digital 24 bit technology it is possible to record live two track solo and group performances with very direct means yielding a transparent and dimensional result with analog like feel.  

It would be possible to create a public domain archive of audiophile grade live two-track as well as digital mixed content that could be enjoyed by all.  Music without the large studio soundboard and miles of wire.  For example using a microphone and direct feed from say an electric or acoustic cello could yield several fantastic reference tracks for all of us to enjoy in our library.  We would know the instrument, the recording technique, the room, the signal path and from that could have a solid feel for how our playback systems actually perform true to life.

If each recording was documented as to how it was created, instruments, mics, and signal path, I think it would be a very enjoyable tool for us all.

As long as it was 24 bit, exceptional quality and great content I would have no problems creating a 15 IPS master tape containing 20 of the top tracks each year, and dividing the profits among the artists, which would be you.

Just a thought.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Talented musicians in the Decware family
Reply #1 - 12/19/19 at 17:15:44

I can play a mean stereo!
Musical talent, not so much.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Talented musicians in the Decware family
Reply #2 - 12/20/19 at 04:08:36

I think this is a splendid idea.
I am unfortunately not myself a music maker.

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print