Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 21:09:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Master Series Loudspeakers (Read 1468 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Zen Master Series Loudspeakers
12/17/19 at 04:31:20

Announcing our new high efficiency speakers!

If you read the thread called "Steve's Big Betsy Project," started early in the year you'll see these amazing speakers start out as a personal project of mine to build some bass baffles to compliment one of my personal favorite speakers, the Caintuck Audio "Betsy Open Baffle".  

About half way into the project I accidentally discovered a rare 15 inch full-range driver that seemed too good to be true.  It was made by Lii Audio and built like a 1950's vintage console stereo driver but with a cast frame.  

This looked like the fantasy driver I've been searching for since starting Decware in 1996. Drivers like these are special. They are TIGHT and FAST. Their ability to stop is so far beyond a regular hi-fi woofer the two can't even be compared. They have that magic curvilinear cone and a gloriously designed high frequency cone with a hardwood phase guide all combined to create a perfect point-source speaker.  Not only that but with a single voice coil and no crossover. I could go on for pages about these drivers, because there is a depth of reasons why they sound so good in this application.

Oh, and I forgot the best part, they are 100dB efficient with these baffles -- meaning a 2 watt amplifier will get as loud as one of our bigger 20/40 watt models using 94dB speakers. Hell if we include 84dB hi-fi speakers in that comparison we're talking a 2 watt Zen Triode would play as loud as 128 watt amplifier.  Of course, these speakers handle the larger Decware amps with mind numbing distortion free volume so if you already have a big amp and no neighbors... : )

Naturally after discovering these 15 inch drivers I had to order some to see if something this good could actually be happening... and to test them I just placed them into my Big Betsy bass baffles.  Well, I haven't been the same since... completely unprepared for what I experienced.

If these speakers were only 94dB efficient like most of our other models, they would still be superior because of the driver design and how it works with these high-mass open baffle design.  And that's not even factoring in how well they're going to work with your room compared to a box speaker.  But when you factor in that they are ALSO 6dB louder with the same power... they become un-touchable.

So with this over the top performance, bass impact, imaging, scale and smoothness there was no way we couldn't develop it into a series of reference speakers. With Caintuck Audio's blessing and licensing for the shape of the baffle and a personal working relationship with Lii Audio who makes the drivers we are now offering three models in solid hardwood and branding them as the Zen Master Series Loudspeakers from Decware.

Make no mistake Zen Master Series are in a league all their own for people who want the best.

They are priced on the higher half of our speaker offerings, but when you realize that with Zen Master Series loudspeakers a 2 watt Zen Triode will hit like a 40 watt Zen Mystery Amp and when you factor in the price difference between the two amps it's like getting the speakers for free.
$5695 - 995 = $4700.00. The Zen Master Series loudspeakers start at $3400 a pair.

MODEL ZF15M

MODEL ZF15L

MODEL ZC10M

All three models are available now in our speakers section:  https://www.decware.com/newsite/speakers.html

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Zen Master Series Loudspeakers
Reply #1 - 12/17/19 at 04:44:57

2020 is going to be a great year for audio!

Have some great time off this season and remember, every hour you can steal away listening to music is like getting points!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print