Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 10:13:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sound Absorbers! Professional & DIY Chicagoland (Read 1240 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Sound Absorbers! Professional & DIY Chicagoland
03/20/19 at 05:54:50

Pickup (or possible delivery) in Chicagoland only as this is a bit much to ship...I'm not even sure how to ship all this.

So, here is what I have.

I think these are Auralex Pro panels. I rescued them from a studio that was closing and they've been shuffled around for about a decade since. They are dark charcoal and could use a little vacuuming LOL They are dense insulation like the OC503 acoustic panels, NOT foam - this is the real stuff.

I have (11)  24 x 24 x 1" panels

And I have (6) of the nice 24" x 48" x 2" panels

That's about $1000 worth of name brand panels, with beveled edges and acoustic cloth wrapped. I'd do them all for $250.

And for the DIY stuff.

I have a big 48" x 48" x 4" absorber panel, made from poplar, wrapped in blue furniture grade micro-suede. $50

I also have a "supertrap" basically it's a triangular frame that fills the corner of your listening room or home theater, stuffed with loose acoustic insulation cut in triangles, then wrapped in acoustically transparent material. this one is big, about 30" across, and 48" high. $50

And if you want, I have a second one built where the cloth got damaged and I just never got around to replacing it. Frame and insulation, just add cloth for a second supertrap. Free if you buy the supertrap and something else.

Message me here or via E-mail if you're interested. I'm also posting in some local studio and home theater groups. LonelyRaven@hotmail.com

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Sound Absorbers! Professional & DIY Chicagolan
Reply #1 - 03/23/19 at 20:19:51

Sorry folks, all the built absorbers are SOLD!

I have a crapload of materials to build more in the basement I have to unbury, so if you're a DIYer and what inexpensive materials, hit me up! Otherwise I'm just going to throw all this stuff into the attic for extra insulation!

Diffusers are still available - I've had a couple no shows on those.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print