Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WTB-Mini Torii tubes (Read 2258 times)
mnmax
Verified Member

WTB-Mini Torii tubes
03/16/19 at 01:08:41

Hello all,

Im looking to start tube rolling in my Mini Torii. Mainly looking for output tubes.
The sound characteristics im am looking for would be warm, creamy, soft and smooth.  No bright sounding types and lack of bass is not an issue as I have powered subs

Feel free to post to this thread or PM me with what you have.

Thanks

IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Re: WTB-Mini Torii tubes
Reply #1 - 03/17/19 at 03:49:33

I believe this takes 6V6. Do you require a pair, or a quad? I forget, but I have a massive collection...

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
mnmax
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/20/19 at 01:10:28

Yes these take 6v6, and y, l, k,f .

Im having a hard time finding information regarding voice characteristics of the differing tube types and brands.  

I found a couple sites that give good info on the voice characteristics of the differing 12au7 tubes,, but i cant find info on the 6?6 type.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

IP Logged
marcvs66
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 03/25/19 at 21:46:37

Are you familiar w/ Brent Jessee's site?

http://www.audiotubes.com/6v6.htm

I found his site very informational (if a little hard to maneuver) and you can always give Brent a call (or email) and ask him for a recommendation. Just tell him what kind of sound you are after - and he should be able to tell you what type of tubes will get you there.

IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/25/19 at 23:38:22

I'd also be happy to share my listening experiences with you. I've rolled almost 100 6V6 and 6L6G tubes in my amp. That said, I have a different amp. I've rolled the top European and American glass. Even have extras lying around if you wanted. Can you please remind me if it's a matched pair, or quad? That does effect availability.

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print