Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 10:13:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DNA cabinets for sale. (Read 4950 times)
FourEars
Verified Member

DNA cabinets for sale.
01/28/19 at 23:00:49

I built a pair of DNA’s about a year ago using properly purchased plans and fabricated them as precisely as I could (I’m a machinist). Cabinets are built from imported 9 ply Baltic Birch and finished in French polished burl walnut with textured black fronts and backs. Magnetic cloth grill covers finish off the fronts. Genuine wool felt lines the interior pressure volume. I enjoyed and was amazed with these speakers very much but they did not “fit” my room. Best sound required that they be placed out into traffic areas and that was a no-go with the missus. These speakers were the most coherent speakers that I have heard and always drew a “they’re so clear” comment whenever anyone heard them. Bass reached easily into the 20’s and I was often surprised to feel a rumble from a 6” speaker. I found that I preferred a 3db step correction to really bring the bass forward but often listened to them without. The Alpair 10p’s have found a new home in an open baffle project but I will consider breaking in a new pair if someone wants them complete. I’ve not figured out how to add photos to my post but will be glad to send photos to anyone that desires. I’m going to start with an asking price of $500 for just the cabinets which I think is a steal considering the time I have in them but will entertain offers. Shipping costs would be the responsibility of the purchaser.

IP Logged
FourEars
Verified Member

Re: DNA cabinets for sale.
Reply #1 - 01/30/19 at 01:51:58

Seems that I need at least two posts in order to add pictures.  As long as this one counts, look for them soon!

IP Logged
FourEars
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/30/19 at 01:53:14

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/30/19 at 02:31:13

Location?

IP Logged
FourEars
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/30/19 at 02:38:24

I’m about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/30/19 at 12:40:35

So why don't you put drivers back in there and sell these as ready to go speakers?

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
FourEars
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/30/19 at 13:05:48

Offered to do that in original post. The drivers  I have are well broken in but are currently in another project because I liked them so much. Having broken in drivers  is saving me a lot of grief with the new project because we all know how much these change over the first 400 hours. Drivers are $20 cheaper now than when I built these, so not a big thing. From trolling forums saw that other people were experimenting with alternate drivers and thought maybe someone would want them without drivers. Think of it as having more buying options, a new pair of drivers, a broken in pair, or without!

IP Logged
BillyC
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 02/23/19 at 01:03:37

Hi there,

Are these cabinets still for sale?

Thanks,

Bill

IP Logged
FourEars
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 02/23/19 at 02:25:28

Still have them. Was considering holding on to them. Change my mind.

IP Logged
BillyC
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 02/24/19 at 02:58:33

I don't see any terminals in the pictures, where are they?  I'm interested if you are taking offers, but understand if you want to hang on to them.

Thanks,

Bill

IP Logged
FourEars
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 02/24/19 at 14:52:29

There is a terminal cup on the upper slope on the horn opening. I would have preferred a straight through terminal but a cup was needed to make the solder connection on this design since there is no access to the inside of the horn.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print