Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:01:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Guy - I just got a Mini Torii... (Read 4670 times)
marcvs66
Verified Member

New Guy - I just got a Mini Torii...
01/27/19 at 16:31:56

New guy from the greater Chicago area here.

I recently decided to upgrade my modest vinyl set-up. I ended up w/ a set of ZU AUDIO Omen MkIIs and a used Mini Torii (from a member here) - along w/ my Well Tempered Amadeus. I only got back into vinyl/music about 1.5 year ago - and it's been an interesting journey so far.

I'm simply blown away by how nice the Torii/Zu combination sounds. OK - I'm still getting used a little bit to the sound of the full-range speakers - but - I'm nonetheless really, really impressed for the time being.

Needless to say, I'm HOOKED and have been reading the forum w/ much interest and excitement. This is a great place to learn and it truly feels like a community of like-minded people. Makes a newbie like myself feel welcome and less intimidated.

Cheers - marcus

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: New Guy - I just got a Mini Torii...
Reply #1 - 01/27/19 at 16:58:16

Welcome to the forums Marcus.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 01/27/19 at 17:06:38

You will need to join CDApS.
Lonely Raven and Palomino will take good care of you and lead you in the right direction.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/27/19 at 21:45:03

Welcome Marcus.

I've got the Zu Dirty Weekends and Zen amp in my system. It is a wonderful combination. Two watts is plenty of enough power to drive them to louder levels than I listen. I couldn't be happier with the synergy of the two.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 01/28/19 at 01:52:40

First of all, the mini Tori is what I will be shooting for sometime in the future. It is so versatile that many speakers can be used due to the number of different tubes it can use. Secondly, if things were a bit better for my finances right now, Zu speakers would be another temptation. So many people like them. No troubles there though, as I am a die hard ZOB owner. Maybe if I build another listening room.... Welcome to the Site.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
marcvs66
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/28/19 at 02:07:36

Thanks everybody for welcoming me to the forum!

I'll have to figure out how to get in contact w/ the CDApS guys.

The combination Mini Torii and ZU Omen seems to work out really well. The resulting sound appears very musical and engaging to me. We will see over time, if fatigue sets in - but the last couple of days, I've really been enjoying my music. To the point where records that I've listened to a hundred times, suddenly sounded quite different - better!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print