Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 22:21:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using Headphones with Decware amps without jacks (Read 4583 times)
Lawson Kelley
Verified Member

Using Headphones with Decware amps without jacks
06/26/18 at 01:20:57

I notice that a lot of the used Decware amps don't have headphone jacks and I am looking at selling my existing amp/headphone amp combo to raise money to buy a used Decware amp. Can you rig up the speaker terminals to feed headphones? Anyone have experience with this?

Lawson

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Using Headphones with Decware amps without jacks
Reply #1 - 06/26/18 at 01:36:55

This is a very nice unit that I actually own but haven't ever used so I can't comment on its effectiveness--I have no reason to doubt that it will work excellently. (I am at the moment keeping it as my brother may have a need for it in the near future).

http://vinylflat.com/canopener.html

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 07/08/18 at 01:55:26

You can also refer to the headphone discussion thread that may help explain how to use the output terminals of your power amp and safely connect them for headphone use. By adjusting the resistor values, it is possible to get the best possible sound from your amp.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/24/18 at 09:59:58

You can check the following link:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1413451624

As I mentioned at the end of the thread, I also tried different 5-watt resistors at the positive ends of the outputs, yet I do not remember which impedance I ended up keeping on the amp.  85 ohms maybe?

It was still too powerful for the headphones but was definitely useable.  

Best,

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged