05/17/24 at 12:36:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii mkIV for sale (Read 5111 times)
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Torii mkIV for sale
01/25/19 at 01:45:36

So you can I think follow the whole linage of this amp on this forum. Regardless I bought it from this guy Kevin that some people on here know pretty well. "Glow in the Dark Audio" google search. I think is the name of his website. Do yourself a favor and check that out if you haven't. Anyway I am going to sell this Torii for $2000 and I have a pelican case that I fabricated (poorly) which it will be shipped in and a box protecting the pelican case. There was a debate on whether this Torii was tapped 8/16 ohm or 8/4. It is indeed 8/4 which might be better for more people. Steve verified the wiring. Anyway this was my first "real amp" and it introduced me tubes. I have a bunch and if you buy the amp I will sell you some tubes if the buyer wishes otherwise I will sell them some other time. I havent figured out what tubes will come with the amp but Im pretty sure I got some RFT 34s with the amp that I will happily throw in Also note I am sometimes lazy when it comes to checking messages.

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Hovland HP100->Torii mkIV
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Re: Torii mkIV for sale
Reply #1 - 01/25/19 at 01:49:33

Oh ya. One input bypasses volume and one does not (use of attenuateor-stepped) Im sure you can get it wired back to two seperate? inputs.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1444577882

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/27/19 at 02:36:02

Ok so here is the deal of the extras I am throwing in. If this does not sell quickly I will still give you the same tubes but Im not going to stop using them. anyway here are the recent photos (5minutes old)(disregard).
The only way Im throwing in the PQs is an extra $100 on top of the sale price that Im not really all that negotiable on because I really like the amp and it is the best amp in existence that you can get for 2k. I am throwing in a bunch of tubes, I dont even want to think what they are worth these days but hit me up and we can negotiate and I can get send you nice recent picks.
bryantdrew@gmail.com
757 876 004five

0_1.jpeg

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/27/19 at 03:09:35

last ones

0.jpg  

0.jpg

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Gonzo56
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/27/19 at 14:15:07

Thanks for the “glowinthedark.com”. Very fun and interesting site developed by a tube music lover. Jerry Smiley

IP Logged
Tubeburner
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/28/19 at 17:48:26

Hi,
Would you sell the amp without tubes? If so, price? Please send me a PM.

Ernie

IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/29/19 at 18:27:29

I also forgot to mention that there is a hairline crack through the side of the wooden volume knob. You don't really see it.

I will sell the Torii with no tubes for $1800 split shipping.

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/29/19 at 21:44:14

Quote:
Oh ya. One input bypasses volume and one does not (use of attenuateor-stepped) Im sure you can get it wired back to two seperate? inputs.

Wow!  What a fantastic feature.  This should be an option on all Decware amps that have space to accommodate the extra set of input jacks.  Best of both worlds.

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 01/31/19 at 17:54:54

It is pretty cool. It was fun to compare different preamps to just the Torii as an integrated and a standalone amp. I found you need a really nice preamp if you do not want to take anything away from the Torii. I paired it with a Hovland preamp that was 5k twenty years ago (not that that means anything) and it did sound super sweet with the Torii.

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 02/02/19 at 20:41:09

Im also selling my Hovelad Pre MP-100 LS no phono. I think A dude is about to snag it but in case Ill throw it out here as well $1700 you pay shipping.

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 02/05/19 at 21:33:57

SOLD
Thanks for the interest

VPI Scout->ATA pp->