Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:22:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using Mini with Headphones (Read 3763 times)
Butch
Verified Member

Using Mini with Headphones
12/14/18 at 22:17:56

Hi everyone,

Torii manual states the following.... Undecided

".... Operation and Setup

To operate your amp, carefully install the tubes and hook up the output jacks to the
speakers. Once you are sure the speakers and amp are securely connected together with a high quality RCA cable you may then plug the amplifier into the wall outlet.  

Before you turn it on make sure that both volume controls are turned all the way
down...... "

Is it OK NOT to connect speakers?  I am planning to use the amp with headphones alone.

Any input much appreciated!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Using Mini with Headphones
Reply #1 - 12/15/18 at 01:09:48

Since you are using headphones, the amp has a load, making it safe. Also, Decware amps are not prone to trouble without the speakers connected.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Rayzilla
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/16/19 at 12:35:24

My first post on here and currently I am using mine only with headphones as well. Just wondering how you find it pairs with your headphones? Which headphone(s) have you paired it with so far?

I am still learning how to adjust the sound. It's so different than a solid state amp that at most has just high or low gain to select from. lol

Any suggestions on ideal setting for headphones, if there is such a thing would be appreciated. I not an audio techie, so please go easy on me. Smiley

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/17/19 at 19:49:01

I use Senn 580s with my Mini. I experience some hum but not enough to be a bother.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print