CDApS DAC-off (Read 4995 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: CDApS DAC-off
Reply #50 - 10/23/18 at 05:28:38

Quote:
If you all came up with a secret handshake, I might be motivated to commute from California!  

We had one, and it was the greatest in the world, but we forgot it...so this is a tribute.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #51 - 10/23/18 at 06:20:12

How hard would it be to reproduce a livestream video/audio feed like Steve does for Decfest.  For the past 5 years, I would tune in to Decfest and enjoy the music all weekend.  

If your meeting it could be done via livestream with minimal effort, maybe you would attract a few of the forum members to listen in.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #52 - 10/24/18 at 05:25:18

I can't imagine listening to me ramble about diffusers ad nauseam, the subtle tweaks and resulting A/B that Palomino does, nor Bad Wolf's incessant talking would be fun for anyone to listen to and watch on a live stream!  LOL

Seriously though, it's a neat idea but I'm not sure what we do would translate well to a streaming format. A huge part of what makes Palomino's setup so amazing is his highly treated dedicated little room in his basement...which just can't come across till you hear it in person; having the room disappear and the spatial cues in the music take it's place is pretty amazing! And quite a bit of what we do is picking out the minutia of differences a tweak, a cable, diffuser move, or hell even the difference in the chair and headrest can make in your engagement in the music. I'm afraid so much of that would be lost not being in the room with the music.

Still, I'll talk it over with the guys and daydream on it a bit. It might be fun to do just for the challenge of making it work and possibly doing it well! Maybe even have something interactive like a FB Live Stream with chat feature so anyone "visiting virtually" can ask a name of a song or offer suggestions when we talk through an idea or concept....hmmm...

Well, I know what I'm going to offer to do for 2019 Decfest now.  :)  

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 10/24/18 at 12:07:24

I was thinking that some sort of electronic interaction at the fest would be beneficial.   The last couple of years I have only been able to go for less than 24 hours so I still tune in at home.   Even if you could just ask the amp/speaker combo it would be good.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #54 - 10/24/18 at 13:27:04

So you want to go for it at our next CDApS meet, Tom?

I don't have a video camera of any sort, but I know the one that's kind of an industry standard for streamers and podcasts, and I think it's under $80.

If we can figure out how to connect my H2 Stereo recorder, we could have stereo sound from somewhere near the sweetspot.

Then maybe have the 2nd person in the toboggan man a laptop to answer questions and monitor the stream.

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #55 - 10/24/18 at 13:32:01

I think the only thing you'd see in my room is the back of my bald head Smiley

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #56 - 10/24/18 at 20:13:33

I was thinking about the next meet being at my place, with the new floors and all.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print