Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 09:04:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Abandoned Radio Stations! (Read 3280 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Abandoned Radio Stations!
07/18/18 at 05:41:32

I stumbled upon this by complete accident as is often the case in this algorithm driven world of youtube...  

It is an abandoned radio station that someone video taped on youtube.  When you see the tape machines... abandoned tape machines... it will be more moving than a good TV drama, I guarantee it.  You have to watch the whole thing.. to see them all.  Apparently, the complex hosted 4 or 5 radio stations each with several tape machines...  Can you imagine walking into this place?  I would fill the back of my truck with every tape machine in the place.  Why?  because you can do that.  Mechanical analog machines are forever.  Will I be taking the CD players?  what value could they possibly have, the cost to clean them would be more than they were new.

Anyway, if you enjoy tape this video will tug at your heart I can guarantee it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUvS-fEALW8

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: Abandoned Radio Stations!
Reply #1 - 07/18/18 at 07:43:38

Cry  All those amazing tape machines.....

After reading some of the comments, I am certain that place it cleaned out by now.  Hopefully by someone restoring the machines and finding them a nice home!  What a treasure to find, even by someone who had no clue what he was looking at.  

Apparently the station was in Providence and while researching I came across this old publication.  Check it out!  Super cool and entertaining/nostalgic read!   https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-RandR/1980s/1981/RR-1981-01-23.pdf

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Re: Abandoned Radio Stations!
Reply #2 - 08/22/19 at 15:38:52

MY GOD! The RtR's alone! This is almost unbelievable and definatly heartbreaking!

Great link Jeff thank you! I've been all over the place reading this morning. So many great articles and publications. Useful stuff!

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged