Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:32:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Amazing little speakers (Read 3789 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Amazing little speakers
06/24/18 at 16:56:05

I got my Betsy's several months ago, about the same time I got my new Decware Monoliths.  I hooked the Betsy's up initially, but wanted a lot of break in time on the Monoliths.  A few days ago, I hooked the Betsy's back up (driven with SE84UFO).  I have a REL to compliment them.  

Gosh, do they sound good!  Played with the right kind of music, they are pretty amazing. Very fun to listen to.  Guitars, electric (Ry Cooder) and acoustic (Tony Rice) are extraordinary!  The texture is great. You can feel the snaps, pops and strums of the strings very well.  The same can be said of violins (or fiddle Smiley).  For the money, you will never beat these little gems...

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: Amazing little speakers
Reply #1 - 06/24/18 at 17:06:11

And, I left out the bass performance. Coupled with my sub, very precise. Especially acoustic bass. Very round.

The overall blend of sounds with these is pretty special. I could go on for days about what I like about them...

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 06/24/18 at 17:27:23

I've been listening to a cd - The Great Dobro Sessions ( all star cast of musicians) that I think is the perfect way to listen to these speakers. Dobro, guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle and stand up bass. I believe with all my heart that it would be impossible for this to sound any better - AT ANY PRICE!!!

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #3 - 06/25/18 at 15:04:34

Hi Geno,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and enthusiasm for the Betsy baffles .....  

I have received dozens of emails from Betsy baffle owners echoing your thoughts and experience.

Quite a few music lovers purchased the speakers for a second or "bedroom" system ..... and after trying them in their "big rigs" are now allowing the Betsy baffles to at least share some time in the main system with their reference speakers.

Truthfully, they do many things that I have never experienced with any other loudspeakers ..... and I have owned quite a few over the past 35 years .....

The simplicity of the driver and design are responsible for a lot of this.
There is not much to get in the way of the music.

One of the very best things they do is to work extremely well with the Decware SE84UFO (and earlier versions of the low powered Decware amplifiers).  A couple of high quality watts will produce a very satisfying musical experience without clipping or congestion ..... even in a fairly large listening room.

Thanks again .....

Best wishes and happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print