guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

New Decware Group
02/05/18 at 01:24:10

Here, thanks to Steve for creating.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2000027350138687/

27540495_404836369937763_3896978989369829475_n.jpg

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: New Decware Group
Reply #1 - 02/07/18 at 19:09:42

Of course FB presence is great.

HOWEVER, Direct mail/targeted still works. IMHO, Decware needs to go this route. I am still a subscriber to Stereophile and receive direct mail audio pieces, from even Galen Carol Audio in San Antonio.

I still read ALL of the stereophile audio mart ads, in the back of SP!

Direct mail....the best though/I believe.

Targeted Lists, are probably not cheap....but, they work.

This is true:

"Do you think direct mail has gone the way of the dinosaur? Think again. In 2013, nearly two-thirds of all consumers bought something as a result of a direct mail piece, according to the Direct Mail Association (DMA). Not surprisingly, people age 65 and older are prime candidates for direct mail, since they tend to stay at the same address for many years and they enjoy reading their mail. What might surprise you is that young adults aged 18 to 34 are also highly responsive to direct mail, according to Epsilon. Why? Because young people are constantly inundated with email, spam and social media messages, direct mail stands out as something different.

If you’re still not convinced direct mail is worth adding to your marketing mix, consider this: Direct mail costs no more than print or pay-per-click advertising, according to the DMA, and has an average response rate of between 2 and 6 percent, depending on factors such as whether it’s four-color, optimized or personalized. Compare this to email marketing, which has an average 0.12 percent response rate, according to Direct Mail News, and there’s no excuse for not giving direct mail a try."

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 02/07/18 at 19:23:19

......and if DECWARE needs to raise the prices of the whole Line by 15%....to cover targeted direct mail costs.....then so be it!

The whole line is worth every penny.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/07/18 at 19:49:43

Let's not get carried away, Stone!  ;)

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Martindfletcher

Reply #4 - 02/08/18 at 14:10:50

Stone,

That maybe why wife throws out most to all of my direct mail audio, bicycle, motorcycle adds

Chain in order: TD124 mki, Denon 103R, Ortofon RS-309D, zu silver phono cable, ZMC1, Audio Art RCA, ZP3, vintage RCA 5U4G Rectifier, Gold lion signal tubes, DW silver reference, Xhadow, Bridged UFO2's, gold lion 6922, mapleshade double helix plus, zu Druid v's
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 02/08/18 at 15:21:40

Grin Grin Grin

So true Martin. My GF, does not exactly hand me my direct mail/audio....especially the Audio Advisor quarterly and sometimes monthly catalog!    

Roll Eyes    ;D

She knows not to mess with the annual MusicDirect Catalog. I always like to see whom is on the cover. This year was Simom & Garfunkel.

Mark, right? 15%, is a little steep!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 02/09/18 at 01:27:21

Stone- Totally agree about the direct route, but that said I am really enjoying seeing all the posts on FB. I would go up 7.5%. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #7 - 02/13/18 at 19:51:54

I concur HD Rider. 4 to 7.5% should cover it.

I also want to add this tidbit....because their are always a couple hundred or 400+ Guests online....here at Decware!

Holy shnikey's! Steve stated over in the Development Thread..... .

I did not notice.....

"I would mention that when we went to the UFO output transformers, we set them up with a switch to select between LO and HI impedance speakers.  LO = 2~6 ohms  HI = 6~16 ohms."

So, if a newby (term of endearment/not a slight) is reading this thread....you can get a SE84UFO & ZU is running another Dirty Weekend.....you get to audition them for 60 days and they will pay to ship back....if you no like-a-the Speaker's.   +, full credit within a year....to upgrade if you so choose! 

........they are 12ohm....and don't let the 4 watt minimum scare you! The SE84UFO will drive them.... .
https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CKC.html

https://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/omen-dirty-weekend-2

To get into this gig....for 2k (Speak's & Amp).....go for it out there.

.....Guests! ......I have owned Decware for 17 years.....I think you will too+............................ .

I forgot to add Caintuck Audio's Speaker's!
http://caintuckaudio.com/
https://www.decware.com/newsite/Caintuck.html

I own an OB Bass Alpha 15" from Caintuck. Wonderful Sub for a steal price.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3