Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 17:05:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taboo for high impedance headphones? (Read 2615 times)
Steve
Verified Member

Taboo for high impedance headphones?
01/16/18 at 03:05:55

The Taboo is touted as being great for low impedance, planar headphones. How does it work for high impedance phones, like the Beyerdynamic T1 (600 ohms)?

Thanks

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: Taboo for high impedance headphones?
Reply #1 - 01/16/18 at 04:48:34

Amazingly as long as you get the "Hi/Lo" option.  I had two pairs of headphones that my Taboo drove.  One was the ZMF Ori's.  They are a planar magnet and very hard to drive.  As you know, there is no issue in that department.  

My other set was the Ultrasone Signature Pro's.  They are a polar opposite of the Ori's in terms of impedance.  I would use the "Hi" switch for the Sig Pro's and the "Lo" switch for the Ori's.  

The amazing thing is, they both sounded stunning on the Taboo!  Much different experiences between these two designs but the Taboo had no issue delivering excellence to both pairs, despite their different make-ups.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print