04/30/24 at 21:08:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZDAC2 Impressions (Read 4429 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

ZDAC2 Impressions
11/02/17 at 01:50:45

Thought I would start this thread, as I am expecting delivery of my ZDAC2 early next week.  So what are early adopter impressions out there is Decware land?

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: ZDAC2 Impressions
Reply #1 - 11/06/17 at 17:32:01

Well the ZDAC2 just arrived and I hope to get this set up tomorrow.  

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/05/17 at 00:45:00

Well I just got Eric's (Lonely Raven) small form PC hooked up to the ZDAC2 tonight.  He installed Foobar2000, Tidal, and Roon software.  The PC is tethered to the ZDAC2 with a Pangea Audio USB AG 1.0m cable (they are blowing these out at Audio Advisor for $29.99).

I'm now streaming Tidal Master with DSD up conversion listening to Melody Gardot selections.  I have a 6 month free Tidal trial. Holy Crap does this set-up sound great - absolutely unbelievable toe tappingly musical.  And the DAC and USB cable isn't even burned in yet.

Eric and Steve my heart congratulations and thanks for helping me with my audio journey.  Man oh man do I have a sh#t eating grin on my face tonight.

Regards,

HK

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 12/08/17 at 22:32:19

I'm telling you guys - Digital is finally a valid format.

They are making it easier to get into digital, but right now the easier it is to use, the more it costs unfortunately.

I'm glad you're happy with your setup - get used to how it sounds, burn it in, etc. Then try some other settings with the DAC or Software and see what you think.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print