Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 07:11:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZROCK2 made me very emotional... (Read 7860 times)
EdGuY
Seasoned Member

Fact is just a solid
opinion.

ZROCK2 made me very emotional...
09/18/17 at 06:57:19

Who invented this device he must be genius!
What a pleasure it is to listen to music when you do not have to turn volume at maximum to enjoy bass. It somehow bundles the entire system into one, it is the last missing chain. Every tube amplifier system must have this. If you are like me and you are afraid that it may be more of a disadvantage than benefit in your system, do not worry, this is only useful, with this unit as well as the Torii Amplifier you get complete control over what comes out of your speakers. Now you can also control how dark or bright the sound is! That's an crazy thing!

I’m big fan of Leonard Cohen and Mark Lanegan, when you listen tracks like In My Seacret Life (Cohen), One Way Street (Lanegan) or Man In A Long Black Coat (Lanegan) with ZROCK2, you unable to cover your emotions, how deep this music goes...

Tannoy Prestige Canterbury GR,ST-300mg,IsoTek Aquarius EVO3,YARBO power.c,RGC-24,TORII MK3VCaps+silver wires+carbon resitors,CSP2+,DENON DP-A100+Karat17D3,GRADO PH-1,AURALiC Aries,GUSTARD X20-PRO ES9028PRO DAC,WA-Quantum chips,tubes WE 422A,GEC KT66,6N23P,USAF-596
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: ZROCK2 made me very emotional...
Reply #1 - 09/18/17 at 07:40:52

Gotta agree with you there, EdGuy. This is just a great piece of kit. Pair it with a clean source and transparent amplification, and you're in audio heaven. And if there was an event in the Olympics where they timed you in turning off the bypass switch... well, the first time that I bypassed the ZRock, I'm pretty sure that I would have won the gold medal switching it back into the system. Once you hear it in your system, you won't even think about removing it.

IP Logged
EdGuY
Seasoned Member

Fact is just a solid
opinion.

Reply #2 - 09/18/17 at 09:39:49

it really feels like I'm cheating now in this ”audiophile game” 😁 and listening to music is somehow easier no listening fatigue any more.

If you want to hear the difference well, test the track Master Of Wind by Manowar, with Zrock2 and without (listen for the kattledrum) 😳

Tannoy Prestige Canterbury GR,ST-300mg,IsoTek Aquarius EVO3,YARBO power.c,RGC-24,TORII MK3VCaps+silver wires+carbon resitors,CSP2+,DENON DP-A100+Karat17D3,GRADO PH-1,AURALiC Aries,GUSTARD X20-PRO ES9028PRO DAC,WA-Quantum chips,tubes WE 422A,GEC KT66,6N23P,USAF-596
  IP Logged
EL Capitan
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/18/17 at 16:47:03

Great feedback for the ZROCK2! My system (Torii MK4, ZP3, DM947 Monoliths) at times lacks that bass I so very much long for. Part of the reason is my room, although I've always been curious if adding a CSP3 to the mix would help. The more I learn/read about the ZROCK2, the more I believe it COULD be the missing piece I've been searching for. Thanks for taking time to post your comments and results!

TorII MK4, ZP3, Silver Reference IC's, Marantz SA-8004, Rega TT, DM 947 Monoliths with the Tori, Stacked NLA Advents with the Marantz 2285B
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 09/18/17 at 17:09:15

Yes, between Ed and Randy (bottlehead) it's hard NOT to put a ZROCK2 on order again. . . .They do make it seem as if it will be a must have addition to the system.

(Randy's comment about dashing to flip the bypass switch again had me in stitches! Good one!)

My one concern is that the ZROCK2 can only take a 4 volt input and my DAC puts out 5.6 total and I don't know how much is coming out of the ZTPRE into the ZBIT and out of the ZBIT now. . . and would what is coming out be too much for the ZROCK2. . . that's an expensive question to put to the test with a unit . . . . But as Randy and I have noted in correspondence: curiosity is one of the factors that drive us in this hobby, and I am curious. . . and at the moment, yellow. Smiley

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
EdGuY
Seasoned Member

Fact is just a solid
opinion.

Reply #5 - 09/18/17 at 18:36:24

Spent now few days with ZROCK and I could not live without it any more. I think the best thing still is the fact that you can listen to music at 30% lower volume levels to get the at least the same enjoyment, any music. It took some time to get right balance between Zrock and Torii settings (tested with many different tracks), no longer need to adjust at all.
Before Zrock I thought that my system plays pleasantly only high-quality music (well produced music) now it plays well whatever you want 😳 I never liked Five Finger Death Punch in my system (it sounded messy), but I love it with my headphones. Now I hear the same from my speakers and this is big change.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 12/06/17 at 12:43:45

Just want to mention that my concern about the 4 volt input of the ZROCK2 has been alleviated. . . Steve says it now will handle up to 15 volts.

And Steve. . .would this thread be better placed in the ZROCK2 forum?

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #7 - 12/06/17 at 15:51:45

Can't wait for my Zrock2 to arrive!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #8 - 12/06/17 at 17:06:13

Ditto that Acetone!

Must resist tube rolling
Must resist tube rolling
Must resist tube rolling  ;D

From what I read, sticking with the one Steve sends with it is the way to stay.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #9 - 12/06/17 at 19:39:12

"Bones!.....I must resi-s-t.....clicking m-0-use....but - ton!"

"Get hold of yourself Captain."

"I - must not - b-uy...until I hear tube sent with ZROCK2; I must resist!"

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/collections/vacuum-tubes/products/radiotechnique-12...

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/collections/vacuum-tubes/products/mullard-cv4003-12...

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3