Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

You're all idiots.
09/28/17 at 23:14:11

I got the following email today:

I responded with this:

Of course we all knew there would have to be a reply...

I'm not going to respond to his reply, however since you're all idiots and his email can be seen... we'll it would be somewhat humorous if he got some responses in his inbox.

He's right though... I don't have a distortion "analyser" !

Have fun with this one... Smiley

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Re: You're all idiots.
Reply #1 - 09/29/17 at 00:25:22

Kind of took my breath away.  Do you think he has some form of dementia?  I mean it's so hostile and random.  Did you piss him off in a former life?   Angry

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 09/29/17 at 01:47:50

This is going to be fun

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/29/17 at 02:43:20

Archie, it's quite possible that he has some form of dementia, you might be onto something... hmmmm.... what are some symptoms???  Lets seeee...

1. Declining Motor function:
not able to performe routine tasks such as go to the washroom.  Maybe he just wet his pants???

2.Disorientation:
confused not able remember and so forgets places, facts, what day it is etc.

3. Behavioural changes:
perhaps at one time he was a really nice guy but now is cranky, a curmudgeon and inappropriate in public.  This could lead to delusions even hallucinations, hope he doesn't start sending Emails to Einstein.

Got to feel sorry for the guy unless... wait!!!  could he just be jealous????

Either way so sad... poor guy.

IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/29/17 at 09:39:13

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #5 - 09/29/17 at 12:48:57

Allan F Hurst is a known collie molester!

IP Logged
fred
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/29/17 at 16:02:32

I am a very happy idiot, but what makes me an idiot is having spent well over 100k over the years to nail down the sound i like and then I found Decware. funny how someone who has never heard any of products being priced by Steve can call us idiots.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/29/17 at 16:12:58

I scanned his posts on the link alper_yilmaz posted and while I don't have a clue what he's talking about, I get the sense that he is a has-been-wannabe-great with time on his hands now that he's retired.

Be gentle Donnie!   Cheesy

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/29/17 at 17:12:07

Losers hate winners.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 09/29/17 at 17:18:53

I have a funny feeling that Allan Hurst's Email box is full today.

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #10 - 09/29/17 at 17:40:15

the most complex distortion analyzer in existence, and the only one that matters, is your own auditory system with 'pickups" on each side of your head.  And mine says Decware sound g-o-o-d ..... like real music, performed by real people, playing real instruments, in real space.  Obviously mankind has not yet discovered how to measure and quantify all parameters of human hearing.

So Allan Hurst.... nobody gives a flying flip about your opinion - but you're certainly still entitled to have an opinion - at least in the U.S of A.

Back when I was "on the merry-go-round" I had so many different components through my system, that were "technically correct" and "distortion free" yet left me with fatigue, unsatisfied and with empty pockets.  Sure glad that's all behind me now....

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #11 - 09/29/17 at 18:08:25

Another happy idiot here! Smiley

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #12 - 09/29/17 at 18:44:08

Maddog

You said it exactly.
It seems so many people listen with measurements and analyzers instead of there ears and judge on how it makes them feel.
I too wasted a great deal of my money and time on equipment with stellar numbers.

Idiot here also I guess.

IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #13 - 09/29/17 at 19:36:01

There are a lot of amps that measure well but doesn’t sound good, just like speakers.   I’m not sure what it is, but Decware got it right, timbre, resolution, a very black background and soundstage.  

I know what Allan will say tomorrow.  “I got a lot of emails from Decware owners, and they are indeed all idiots”. hahaha

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 09/29/17 at 20:04:30

I saved thousands of dollars selling off my flavor-of-the-days while building my Decware based system piece-by-piece. I came out way ahead in the pocketbook and more importantly, my listening satisfaction.
What a rube I am, eh? More Kool Aid please.
Do I find myself wanting to listen to more music? Yes. Something working.
Do I always find myself tempted to "turn it up"? Yes. Something is working.
Could be mental illness. Could be a guy who is thinking "I'm bored, let's fight".
Steve, you know what you should do? Send him a one-word e-mail response, just this: "Ok". That'll give him fits  ;D

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 09/29/17 at 20:39:47

Sounds like he just needs a hug or someone to talk to. Poor little guy.

IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 09/29/17 at 21:24:24

Some people are inherently so angry!  This must be one angry dude himself, so angry to sit down in front of his computer and puke his guts out at 1:18 in the morning!  Given his track record as an engineer, he might know quite a few things here and there, yet he is far from understanding the cognitive aspect of music and music hearing.

And also who cares about what he thinks about Decware and other companies with similar products?  I personally am not a big fan of some of the source/amp/speaker combinations that are raved about here all the time.  But even if one person in the Forum likes it, I have no choice other than respecting it and giving that system a chance!  :)  That's the beauty of it!  We all hear, interpret and enjoy music differently.

The reason I stopped frequenting some of the "high-end" stores here in NYC back in the day was the fact that they were so full of themselves most of the time.  I am talking about early 2000's when there were not many high-efficiency speakers around, and I was struggling finding affordable speakers that would match my SE84C+.  At one of the stores, I remember the sales guy asking me "what kind of an idiot listens to music from a 2-watt per channel."  My response would be "nice meeting you; that's me!"

Then would come from me a long lesson in basic engineering (I am trained in undergrad as an industrial engineer) and some experience in the studio as a recording musician!  I gave up doing that though.  I do not have time for non-constructive criticism.  

So, this guy's angry remarks!  Down with them!  :)

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #17 - 09/30/17 at 03:26:09

People like him are frustrated, because they can't hear the difference and are envious.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Martindfletcher

Reply #18 - 09/30/17 at 04:54:26

Agree with stone on this one

Chain in order: TD124 mki, Denon 103R, Ortofon RS-309D, zu silver phono cable, ZMC1, Audio Art RCA, ZP3, vintage RCA 5U4G Rectifier, Gold lion signal tubes, DW silver reference, Xhadow, Bridged UFO2's, gold lion 6922, mapleshade double helix plus, zu Druid v's
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #19 - 09/30/17 at 05:22:26

If he is on pharmaceuticals then he is pardoned as he may not be in his right mind, or balance.  I understand the age old argument... and I can tell you right now the problem is in the perception of the measurements and the premise of the measurements themselves.  Interesting how even order harmonic distortion is demonized just like odd order distortion by the doesn't match the original signal guys...

Yet, the timing smear from 20dB of negative feedback that completely wrecks reality is completely ignored.  Is that not distortion?  Is that somehow like the input signal?  The standard testing/transfer function is highly flawed if it was ever intended to accurately predict sound quality.

We all know wire design type and quality has an effect on the sound.  The reason we do is our amplifies have no global negative feedback and are well designed for a musical experience.

We also know capacitors have a great effect on the sound on so many levels yet on even the best scopes and analyzers there is absolutely no difference between types.

I have no doubt this individual will claim that wire given the same capacitance and resistance per foot will sound the same because there is no detectable or measurable difference with test equipment or spice models.

In this day and age it's not hard to see how quick certain people are to cling to their club and denounce everything that dares to differ.. even at the expense of pure logic... especially if they have to their credit spent the money and time to get a great degree and multiple wonderful jobs as a result of that degree. Life is a pump. The more you crank the handle the more you get out of it.

WWW   IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 09/30/17 at 07:56:55

Proud and happy idiot, here.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #21 - 10/02/17 at 18:56:28

Quote:
It seems so many people listen with measurements and analyzers instead of there ears and judge on how it makes them feel

Quote:
People like him are frustrated, because they can't hear the difference and are envious.

I've been thinking about this quite a bit. I grew up with "math guys" and guys who love debunking things - and high end audio is full of so much snake oil and hyperbole it's an easy target for these guys. But when I can sit them down, and swap out an optical digital cable with a different optical digital cable, and the *apparent* volume has changed, and the timbre sounds "correct" and even they can hear it.... This just proves to me that some people won't or maybe somehow *can't* hear with their heads and hearts - so they have to debunk the evil snake oil and gather around their frequency charts and measurements. Either that, or their measurements are the equivalent to their faith and they refuse to open up their world view to accept other possibilities...

I try and keep an open mind about everything, though with a solid background in science. I've learned to accept that some things I can hear and feel I can't measure, or we haven't yet discovered how to measure.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 10/03/17 at 07:04:40

Exactly, LR! We haven't figured out how to "measure" the feelings that music produced by beautifully-engineered audio systems stir in us. I think that's what throws the math guys. Maybe it scares them a little bit?

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 10/03/17 at 12:28:11

So many reviews of SS gear tell you it's 'analogue sounding', 'tube sounding', even that Fremner vid had him saying, ' it's not bright' ( oh thank god  :) ). I'm pretty sure that a very high percentage of audiophiles would love a tube system but are derailed by colluding forces, mainly but not exclusively the industry machine. Maintainance of tubes could be another reason that goes through their heads as well as dust, brittleness, hums, high voltage danger. Distortion, I don't think so. They know deep down that there must be a big plus to a valve set up.
Oh well, their loss, everyone can't be a Decware owner.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 10/03/17 at 13:10:54

Let's hope he doesn't show up at DECFEST!

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #25 - 10/03/17 at 15:52:42

Actually let's hope he does!  If we can get a nay sayer to put down their charts and graphs and slide rules, and just *listen* to good music...that could change everything.

Now if someone like this guy shows up and just soap boxes....well, we can always throw them in the bonfire. (shrug).   Smiley

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #26 - 10/03/17 at 22:46:05

If he shows up I will have to ask him about the Hog Futures, or maybe about the My little Pony fan club. Or if he got any offers on a new car or 50, or perhaps if he is getting windows or siding or maybe a nice deal on a condo, or his somewhat perverted sex life. Just because I'm a a people person and interested in how others live.

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 10/03/17 at 23:15:32

making me smile donnie! Smiley

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #28 - 10/04/17 at 00:01:16

Well, I'm a Idiot.
With a little luck, some hard work and putting my time in, I'm hoping to become the Village Idiot. Wish me some luck.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #29 - 10/08/17 at 19:53:59

Ok.  Count me in as another idiot!!  I grew up playing the guitar with a passion for music.  Once I got introduced to Decware years ago with buying the ZStage as my first piece of equipment, there was no going back.  

This guy is just a hater, so I wouldn't even entertain his comments.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Skyblue
Verified Member

Reply #30 - 10/10/17 at 14:01:38

I'm ldiot also and all my family and friends plus all the
People that heard my Decware System, strange I'm bumping
Into a lot of idiot lately 😂🤣😎

IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 10/11/17 at 00:17:25

It's all borne out of insecurity when their world of order is threatened. There are so many variables in our hobby, so many exceptions, that there is this strong desire to hang their hat on something......anything.
So for them, this order amounts to:
Tubes = euphonic, no dynamics, flubby bass
If Decware comes around and turns this on it's head (and the proof is in the pudding, I hear it too), then they get antsy.
There are still remnants of the "numbers wars" from the 70's, alongside the tried-and-true "mines bigger than yours" competition.
They willfully refuse to be convinced. If they are met with overwhelming contrary evidence, they will double-down on their belief.
Anyway, I'm a total idiot and I have some records to listen to.

IP Logged
Matthew
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 12/12/17 at 03:59:20

Isn't this forum where I learned about the "math guys"?

After the fact, I learned about this, first-hand.  I had a friend who was an engineer of sorts, and worked with a company who specialized in RF stuff.  When I brought it up with him, it turned out that he was a math guy, and went on about how there should not be any difference between capacitors unless, one is broken.  I made a small effort to explain the equipment I had experimented with, but quickly withdrew as I knew it would make no difference with him.  I didn't let it affect my dealings with him, and went back to enjoying my music. Cheesy

chickenkofta   IP Logged
Frimpy

Reply #33 - 01/02/18 at 17:07:35

I am also an idiot and love it.

Decware Taboo MKIV, Decware Rachel, Decware DNA Speakers, Omega Super 8 Alnico Monitors, Decware Zcd240 & Schiit Gungir MB.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #34 - 01/07/18 at 16:27:46

Great thread! I would have to say that in my little town in the Santa Cruz Mountains, I and possibly one other are the local village idiots. Dam happy about that too...now more coffee and music. Happy listening all you idiots, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #35 - 01/07/18 at 19:44:18

I used to live in Mt view Sunnyvale area and did a lot of hanging out in the Santa Cruz Mts. with two of my best buddies who lived there. Nice motorcycle country I miss it, good place to be an audio idiot.

IP Logged
NothingButTreble
Verified Member

Reply #36 - 01/31/18 at 02:37:46

With all the idiots here, it reminds me of the Monty Python episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-CkMpQtlY

If you've got five minutes of your life you don't mind devoting to being void of Decware sound, you can watch the entire episode, otherwise the best part is 3:48 - 3:59.

And yes, who wouldn't want to be an idiot!!  Well, OK, except Allen Hurst.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #37 - 02/08/18 at 23:27:22

I wonder how Big Al Hurst is doing?
I bet that he is still getting all kinds of interesting E-mails.
Just have a funny feeling that he gets some interesting ones.
Never mess with the "Village idiot".

IP Logged
Matthew
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 02/17/18 at 18:51:17

I live in San Jose so Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Mountain View, etc are all part of my stomping grounds.  One thing is for sure; there are tons of those "math guys", here.  Some of them are even acquaintances of mine, and they pull that "film capacitors should sound no different from electrolytic caps unless, they are broken."  The one closest to me even gave me his pair of AR 91.5's because they were "just ancient speakers".  Unfortunately, I didn't have an amplifier worthy of powering them so I sold them to a guy who just wanted the drivers for another set of AR's.

Anyway, it's pretty amazing to experience, firsthand people who actually think that way. (The math guys, I mean)

It's pretty fun when you actually take the time, and start modding things, then experience the benefits.  If only the math guys would give it a try.  But if they are happy with their bargain brand receiver, there is nothing wrong with that.  I have eargasms with an M-Audio Delta 410 routed through a Yamaha C-65 pre-amp, using Sony MDR-V700's.  It's not what people would imagine as a high quality rig, but it makes me smile.

chickenkofta   IP Logged
Morecowbell
Verified Member

Reply #39 - 02/28/18 at 03:36:59

I'm a new idiot Smiley but I hope he doesn't get frustrated like this often. Frustration doesn't solve anything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print