Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZROCK Tube Rolling
Reply #100 - 05/28/21 at 16:21:01

That may be a great tube, 6189 can be quite nice. But. . . I like big tubes and I cannot lie! I have enough of the 6829, 6414 and 7206 to keep my components filled probably the rest of my life! (Doesn't mean I won't get the itch to experiment in the future).

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #101 - 06/16/21 at 15:50:07

Well, I can't take the Amperex pinched waist 7062 out of the ZROCK2 in the main system. It has blossomed into just the right tube!

I've been experimenting with. 0C3 tube types and by readjusting my entire gain structure I have gotten a very good sound, and finally bass with this tube type. I found a pair of Raytheon OC3W that are very very nice if just a TAD lean. I find that I really like the "W" type in these regulation tubes and just ordered another pair to try, a Marshall branded one, and am thinking of getting a Chatham as well. I could use just a tiny dab of warmth to make my current tube complements "complete."

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #102 - 06/16/21 at 19:26:54

Also an improving factor for me is a change in my loudspeaker isolation. I made the mistake of trying out VooDoo Cable IsoPods from my audio/visual system under the HR-1 in my main system. OMG. Better than the Ingress Engineering rollerblocks, better than the Herbie's Audio Lab Iso-Cups, just a great upgrade that allows more detail and a more solid imaging and a great tonal balance. Luckily VooDoo Cable has a special on these and the Cable Company even has some used ones available. . . I was able to put four under each of my HR-1 and pur the others back in the audio/video system under components--they make a significant difference there. (I know in time I'll wrangle two more sets to put under the HR-1 in my audio/video system; I am using the Herbie Audio Lab Iso-Cups there to very good effect).

I now have these IsoPods under all the components in my main system except the turntable--there I have MapleShade Audio Mega feet with triple point--massive feet that really work well under my low mass Rega turntable.

IP Logged
Zork
Verified Member

Reply #103 - 03/06/22 at 21:09:14

Is there a great source for purchasing Amperex 7062?
Thanks!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #104 - 03/06/22 at 23:32:11

I have had excellent results via eBay.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print