Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 12:03:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: The SE84UFO is supreme.... (Read 2933 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: The SE84UFO is supreme....
07/25/17 at 18:27:34

I would reach out to Steve before pulling the trigger on the Omegas for that Rachel.  According to Louis at Omega, who had a conversation with Steve about Decware amps and Omega speakers, the Rachel was the only amp Steve could not get to sound acceptably good with the Omegas he had on hand.  If I recall correctly, this applied specifically to the Alnico drivers.  Regardless, it would be worth a pre-purchase conversation I believe.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Re: The SE84UFO is supreme....
Reply #1 - 07/25/17 at 20:22:42

Hey Jeff,

I have to agree with Steve on synergy between Rachel and Omega's...  I have an SE34I.2+ that I paired with a pair of Hoyt-Bedford's by Omega.  The mids were quite fine with that setup with acceptable trebles.  But the bass was never good (I remember exchanging few ideas with fellow Decwarers in this Forum).  Even when I added a subwoofer by Dali, it did not help much.  The detail was there but the frequencies were so disproportionately represented.  I ended up replacing my SE34I.2+ with my TORII mkII which worked much better with the Hoyts, even though that system was still bass-shy.  I do not have that system any more though.  A friend bought them from me for late night listening.

What I do at the moment with my SE34I.2+ or TABOO mkIII (with speakers) is using them in my bedroom system with relatively less efficient (91dB) B&W speakers located in the corners of the room to gain significant dB in the bass register by mechanical coupling.  They both work like a charm and I have to turn down the volume quite often, because it gets too loud at times!

I fancy pairing either of the amps with a pair of Spatial M3 Triode Master open baffles (95dB & 16 ohms) when I have the cash!

Cheers,

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged