Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:17:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mini DSP (Read 4691 times)
Rich

Mini DSP
06/17/17 at 01:25:27

Has anyone used DSP to "fix" room issues?  I came across this and it looks interesting.  https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Re: Mini DSP
Reply #1 - 06/17/17 at 14:12:28

i have minidsp hd... that i got a few months ago.  haven't tried it yet.

my first step is to measure my room using REW.  

i am a more than a little leary of adding more shit in my signal chain... and my 2ch system sounds pretty dreamy currently, so not much motivation to screw it up.  lol

but i need to at least measure my room and see whats going on.
couple of augies seem to fix everything!

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 06/19/17 at 06:16:58

I have one as well, but I was only planning on using it as a crossover and phase setup for subwoofers since I was planning on running 2 or 4 of them.

I too new to run REW to make it work.

Keep it mind, it doesn't really "fix room issues" so much as it helps you time align  and slightly EQ your setup specific to your room. Nothing can "fix room issues" like proper room treatment.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 06/20/17 at 17:12:42

Well, we could start a club here. I also have one, and it has been used for the Ambiophonic program. It is very versatile. It also is a bit above my head, and I am not so sure that I had it set up completely correct. In spite of that, I cannot say that I have ever heard anything like it when it comes to making the mind believe that the acoustics in an album are now present in your listening room. The downside is that I have to take it back out of the system to make any changes, rather than with some sort of remote.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print