03/29/24 at 16:31:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1st play on new amp (Read 6294 times)
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

1st play on new amp
03/21/17 at 18:56:16

A similar theme to other posts and I know the amp will get better with time but: What album to play 1st on my new Torii that's on the test bench at the moment? I'm up for anything. I might have to go out and buy the music if I don't have it.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: 1st play on new amp
Reply #1 - 03/21/17 at 21:22:53

Bikehappy1- something you love. Listen to music, you will realize how magical the gear is in time. Actually, I always play one of my wife's favorites when a new piece of gear lands to ease her into the concept of ''something new in the closet''. She totally loved the Decware/Omega rig when it got up and running. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/13/17 at 04:48:22

The vinyl I played was Gary Hoey,s "Dust and Bones". One of my newer albums. The first cd was Ronnie Earl & Broadcasters "Good News". Both sounded excellent!! The cd was quite a bit louder at the same volume. Now it's classic jazz with !iles Davis. The start of many hours. Worth every penny.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
RayBan
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/09/17 at 17:47:52

Ha! Ever since I placed the order for my Jr I've been going thru my music collection contemplating what will be the 1st thing I listen to when that wonderful day arrives, and my wife laughs...but apparently I'm not alone in this oh so important ritual. Smiley
A few that are in 'the finals" are
Yes The Ladder
Jesus Christ Superstar
The Pink Floyd Dark Side Of the Moon
Queen Innuendo
Annie Lenox Nostalgia

and Carole King Tapestry

"Music Is The Answer"
  IP Logged
Pappakap
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 03/27/18 at 19:54:40

I’d say you play something you know and love. Something you’ll be able to pick up all the finite details you may have been missing on your budget setup. For me that would be Pink Floyd or The Doors

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/27/18 at 20:11:43

I'm with Pappakap. In my case it is usually "Crescent" by John Coltrane, or "Ellington Indigoes" by the Duke Elington Orchestra. Or, in my case I can cheat because in the late 'eighties I recorded bands I was in in my then garage apartment. . . I know those recordings intimately, the room, the players and instruments and recording equipment. . . it's a great test for a new component.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print