Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 04:07:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any chance of getting some faceplate badges? (Read 6700 times)
donovan
Verified Member

Any chance of getting some faceplate badges?
03/03/17 at 21:19:42

I really don't appreciate audio jewelry. If it doesn't assist the sound, what's the point?

Having said that, I am jealous of the Bottlehead crowd with their cool faceplate badges? Steve, any chance of getting something in to spruce up our faceplates? Tons of creative possibilities just taking into account the UFO transformers.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Any chance of getting some faceplate badges?
Reply #1 - 03/03/17 at 21:43:24

I could get into it. . . if it were an optional add on. I think for most components I wouldn't want it. . . though that may just be because I'm so used to the clean simplicity of Decware products without badging.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/04/17 at 11:49:44

I was sort of expecting the transformers on my new pair of zen Mono amps to have the Decware emblem shown in photos etched/painted on them. Don't know why there wasn't any. If they want to add a badge on something make it very discreet.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 03/04/17 at 15:29:24

If we only knew someone with access to CAD designers and a 3D printer...

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/04/17 at 19:39:46

My focal standmounts have a Zorro...ish motif badge on them. Always reminds me of a Z for Zen.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/23/17 at 00:28:38

I have to mention a little thing. A few days after I posted my comment that I was sort of expecting my new Zen Mono amps to have the etched symbol on the transformers I received a PM from Steve. He explained that basically they forgot to add the symbol, just a human and understandable mistake. But he actually offered to pay shipping back to Peoria to change the backside and add the correct covers, and then ship them back to me. I had to remind him that I live in Norway and that shipping would cost a fortune,like 500 USD.
Steve wrote to me that he didn't like the idea of these amps floating around without them and we sort of ended up with a solution that he ships new covers and I will either change them myself, if it's easy enough, or have a local tech change them.  He takes his business pretty seriously and gives great customer service!

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/17 at 02:12:15

Cool. Another great story showing great customer service.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/23/17 at 02:23:27

I think an optional fine mesh tube cage would be cool. It can be hard to implement with top plate inputs, outputs, and meters. So, how about a small run of a tweaked out version of one amp with vintage look? ...As if Decware does not already have enough to do...

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 03/23/17 at 15:11:09

Quote:
I have to mention a little thing. A few days after I posted my comment that I was sort of expecting my new Zen Mono amps to have the etched symbol on the transformers I received a PM from Steve. He explained that basically they forgot to add the symbol, just a human and understandable mistake. But he actually offered to pay shipping back to Peoria to change the backside and add the correct covers, and then ship them back to me. I had to remind him that I live in Norway and that shipping would cost a fortune,like 500 USD.
Steve wrote to me that he didn't like the idea of these amps floating around without them and we sort of ended up with a solution that he ships new covers and I will either change them myself, if it's easy enough, or have a local tech change them.  He takes his business pretty seriously and gives great customer service!

I've chatted with Steve about stuff like this - he gets upset if things aren't consistent and as good as he imagined them to be. It's not like the logos would improve the sound, but it's how he imagined the amps *should* be, and wanted to make it right. So I'm not surprised at all! He's good people.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print