05/02/24 at 15:09:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii MK IV for Sale (Read 4346 times)
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Torii MK IV for Sale
02/10/17 at 23:25:04

Up for sale is a Decware Torii MK IV.  It does not have one blemish on it. It has the walnut base in pristine condition.  Listing it here for a few days before placing on Audiogon and Craig’s list. I’m going to rate it a 9/10; but only because I’m the second owner.    First owner had this magnificent amp one year and sold it because of hardship.  I have had it since late March last year.  I’m only selling because over the last year I’ve accumulated two more tube amps and am custom building a third.

This is a gutsy 25 watt amp.  I've used speakers from 86 sensitivity to 105. (Definitive Tech BP-20's, Klipsch Cornwall III's and my fav, the Decware HR's.)   It has the stepped attenuation option ($150) and has VCaps instead of the stock capacitors ($500). It is happy with either 4 or 8 OHM speakers.

After purchase, I sent it back to Steve because initial shipping caused a valve drift issue.  After, Steve went over it and checked it out thoroughly, I transferred the warranty.  In hindsight, not knowing these amps are built like tanks and relatively easy to work on, I wouldn’t have done the transfer.  As a part of the transfer, Steve totally re-tubed it before sending it back to me.  All the new tubes Steve sent are less than one year old as were the originals.  

I am including one quad of Tung-Sol KT66’s, one quad of Genalex new issue KT66’s, a quad of Tung-Sol EL34’s, and a quad of Electro Harmonix 6L6GC output tubes.  I will also send a pair of new Cryo Treated Philips 5R4G’s that I got from Upscale Audio, plus an extra pair each of OC2’s and  OA3R’s.  If it is important to you, I would be willing to send you a copy of the invoice where Steve checked the amp, re-tubed it and transferred the warranty.  The original pelican Case is also included.

I also had a custom plexiglass dust cover made by JMK Displays Inc.   (See Pictures)

I’ll include it in the price.  If you do not want the cover, I’ll knock off $100.00.  (It also fits another amp I have)

I will ship the cover and tubes in a separate container for safety sake.

I’m asking $3,000.00 with the cover and all the extra tubes.  I prefer Paypal.  Feel free to ask and I’ll send you my cell in case you have questions.

Dust Cover pic:  
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1463869074/0#0

You can see more pics under member's systems.  "Our Zen Space"

TORIIMKrear600.jpg

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii MK IV for Sale
Reply #1 - 02/14/17 at 19:25:32

Sorry.  A friend pointed out that I didn't mention shipping or Paypal fees.  

If shipped withing the Continental US I will cover all shipping and absorb the Paypal fees.

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
joshdel
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/17/17 at 16:20:30

Sent you email regarding sale.
Josh

IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/18/17 at 00:52:19

Amp is sold.  Thanks Josh.  Hope you enjoy her as much as we have!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print