Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just placed my order! (Read 9743 times)
Last Lemming
Verified Member

Just placed my order!
01/24/17 at 00:15:39

Hello,

I'm  settling in for my wait because I just ordered my new integrated amp! It will replace my Musical Paradise Mk3 MP 301.  While the MP3 a one is a great sounding little integrated amp I'm hoping this new one will blow it away.

I run zu Omen Def mk2's with the Radian upgrade.

I'm posting to get feedback on anything you may think I need to know and to learn more about this little amp.  It seems to be raved about everywhere I read about it.

From everything I've read this should be a very decent pairing. Can't wait for mine to get in! How has the wait typically been after you order?  I know the site says 4 to 12 weeks. Should I be expecting the 12 week time -  i'm in patient by nature so hopefully it won't be 12 weeks, but hey if it is I guess it'll be good practice for patient!

IP Logged
Samsdad
Verified Member

Re: Just placed my order!
Reply #1 - 01/24/17 at 02:29:48

I placed an order for a Rachael about a week ago and was told over the phone that it'd be 8-12 weeks.

IP Logged
Last Lemming
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/21/17 at 03:38:10

Hooray!  My Rachel comes this Wednesday. No I just need to figure out the fastest way to break her in!

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 04/22/17 at 23:31:22

Lemming & Samsdad- Congrats on the Rachael. We love ours and listen daily. Don't worry about the break in, just start playing music. Breakin is real, but our system never sounded less than good when new. Then it went to dam good and now I just wonder why I didn't do this years earlier. Keep us posted on your progress when the gear arrives. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Last Lemming
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/17 at 01:15:29

Holy Sh$t!!!  I just hooked up my new 34I.5!  Freakn' amazing.

First album was Dave Brubeck Take Five. The drum "thwacks" sound real. I can sense the drum face taughtness. The notes just hang. And this thing delivers supurb bass. The walls to my small room seen 20 feet further away!  Wow, just Wow!  Worth every penny. For the record I run Zu Omen Def Mk.ll's with the radian tweeter upgrades. My front end is a NAD M51 DAC or a VPI Prime with the Parasound JC3+ for a phono pre and a Dynavextor 20x2L cart. Damn - the dynamics are ridiculous. Bravo Mr. Deckert, bravo!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/27/17 at 03:18:43

Crazy fidelity. Enjoy.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
SeanE
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 04/29/17 at 17:37:55

I received mine last week after ordering at the end of January. I waited patiently. Still breaking in. Great build quality. These are worth the wait.

SE34I.5, Rega RP6, PS Audio Directstream DAC, Triangle Electroacoustique Stratos Lunas.
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #7 - 05/06/17 at 16:31:27

Hey Sean,  how are things sounding for you?

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
SeanE
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 05/08/17 at 03:43:26

Sounds good, of course. Wasn't hearing quite the dynamics I was hoping for. Bizarre experiment tonight. I had some cheap Shuguang EL34s lying around and I put those in just for kicks, and now the Rachel seems to sound a lot nicer. Now, this is not based on critical, concentrated listening... just a few hours. But I didn't expect that at all. It may be a "downgrade" that only seems to sound better at first, once everything is taken into account. For right now, I'm just enjoying.

The sound of the Rachel out of the box was not that different from the Sunfire solid state amp I was running before. Now it is markedly different. Maybe more tube rolling is in order? Could get expensive. Then again, these Shuguang EL34-EBs are about as cheap as they come.

SE34I.5, Rega RP6, PS Audio Directstream DAC, Triangle Electroacoustique Stratos Lunas.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #9 - 05/16/17 at 01:15:07

The thing is, Rachel will continue to sound better and different, but not with out a phase (in my case anyway) of sibilance in some of my recordings. This was expected, and I await the day she is finally ready to play nice. I this amp before the UFO came out, and so sent it back to get the upgrade, hence the change in tonality.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print