Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:08:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii Jr + ZP3 Purchased! (Read 17031 times)
Ron
Seasoned Member

Torii Jr + ZP3 Purchased!
12/28/16 at 11:55:12

So I pulled the trigger, Torii Jr. + ZP3 ordered. I will be pairing this frontend with the HR-1s.

I am coming from a point-source Mark Audio A12p DIY tower on a Mini Torii and Audio Research PH3. So I am eagerly awaiting the shell-shock that will happen.

I will be sure to post pictures and my initial thoughts as well as a more detailed review after I put a few hundred hours on the setup.

Thanks,
Ron

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii Jr + ZP3 Purchased!
Reply #1 - 12/28/16 at 22:08:17

The Torii Jr is now in QC! *Excited*!

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #2 - 12/30/16 at 03:48:36

It's a glorious combination, that Torii Jr. and ZP3.  Mine are attached to a pair of Monoliths and I love the arrangement.  

You will certainly be pleased I am sure.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/30/16 at 11:31:40

That is awesome to hear. I have a feeling the pairing with the HR-1 would be nice. I was seriously looking at the monoliths, but I have a less than optimal room size, so I think the radials will do wonders.

IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/10/17 at 10:34:44

Getting Closer! ZP3 is in Testing and Torii Jr Passed QC!

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #5 - 01/10/17 at 22:21:07

Ron - I am sure that you will enjoy your gear when it arrives. I am spending a very rainy California day at home due to road closures and my Rachael & ZP3 have been making music all afternoon. Keep us posted  and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/22/17 at 11:20:27

Torii Jr. has shipped, ZP3 waiting on Wood Base. HR-1 speakers are in place and getting comfortable in the new space Smiley

Hopefully by this time next week, I will have the wax spinning!

-R

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #7 - 01/22/17 at 17:12:56

Ron, I am sure you'll fall in love with it. What will be the next step? room treatments? etc. etc. I'm still slowly adding absorbers and diffusers and they have made a big improvement. Enjoy the journey!
acetone

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/22/17 at 18:26:14

I did a room measurement and then added an 8 pound carpet pad below the area rug. This made a huge improvement.

I need absorbers, there is still a slight ring to the room if you clap. Long term I will be relocating to the third floor once its finished, this will be built from the ground up to be my office/listening room.

I'll post pics once everything is in its place.

Ciao,
Ron

IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 01/24/17 at 17:08:09

Just signed for the package! Torii Jr. is unboxed and is in its new home!

Waiting for her to warm up to room temp before I go one step farther. ZP3 is waiting on the wood base, hopefully it ships this week. Fingers crossed Smiley

Pics to follow soon!

-R

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #10 - 01/25/17 at 04:14:17

hmmm, isn't that a bitch.  It's been 12 hours and still no sign of Ron.

WWW   IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/26/17 at 23:56:08

I have re-emerged!!! Wow! Steve, this Torii Jr. is absolutely stunning! Thanks!

Paired with the HR-1's is just untouchable. I cannot wait to drop the needle once the ZP3 gets here!

Pics soon, I promise!

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #12 - 01/27/17 at 18:33:57

Glad to here you like the Torri Jr.
It will only get better, I love mine.
You should really be happy when the ZP3 arrives, it is a great match with the Torii.

IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/27/17 at 23:08:02

Sonic -- yeah, I am honestly at a loss for words.

I love when I'm done after a long listening session, and I turn off the Torii Jr, it tings as it cools off getting ready for the next listening session!  :D

Tjorii.JPG

IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 02/02/17 at 15:42:01

My ZP3 has moved to the Pack/Ship stage a few days ago! I am (im)patiently waiting to spin some wax!

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 02/02/17 at 18:52:48

I've had my Torii Jr. about 6 months now and I love it with my ERRx speakers.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 01/15/18 at 02:14:43

I also pair the Torii Jr with ERR speakers. I've upgraded the caps on the outside of the ERR with Jupiter copper foils. They are quite nice. Does anyone feel like sometimes the amp is too powerful? Like, I wish I had more dial to play with in the lower volume region...has anyone tried the new 6N5P tube that Steve mentions? I only have experience with E88CC in the input slot (which i guess is the same as a 6922 essentially).

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #17 - 01/15/18 at 17:43:09

I just ordered a pair from Steve, I will let you know what I think of them when I get them.l

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print