04/19/24 at 11:30:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Omega Super 7MKii (Read 6189 times)
Tal
Seasoned Member

Omega Super 7MKii
12/15/16 at 22:14:33

Found a listing selling a pair of Super 7MKii for $775. The speakers have the cherry finish, which is upgrade level 2 finish.

Is this a good deal?  

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: Omega Super 7MKii
Reply #1 - 12/15/16 at 22:23:24

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/16/16 at 02:52:30

I have the RS7 drivers in a tower version.  These are the best speakers (to my ears) that I have owned.

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/16/16 at 17:06:51

thanks. I currently have a pair of Blumenstein Orca Mini's - 3" driver @ 89ohms. They are great despite only being 89ohms . However, I have a 2nd UFO2 in the que that I will  run in a mono block config with my current UFO2. I'm concerned that the Orca's will be inadequate in this situation. So I am considering something with a larger driver, eg, the Super 7.
Also wondering if the super 7XRS tower would be a better choice compared to the MK2 monitors.

Thoughts?
FYI, I have a Blumenstein sub that helps with the bass  

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/16/16 at 19:03:55

Why do you think the Orcas will be inadequate?
I think they will do better with the extra headroom.

The XRS are said to be a little fuller and the standmounts a little faster.
With the sub(s) it might come down to which is better/preferred in your situation, stands or no stands.

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/16/16 at 23:26:49

Lin

Sometimes it seems like I'm pushing the Orcas to their limit. But this varies depending on the type of music I'm playing.  The Orcas don't do well with bass-heavy music. Although I don't play my music loud. Anyway, I was concerned that the additional power coming from the 2nd UFO2 would take the Orcas over the top.
I will wait until the new UFO2 arrives and see how the Orcas perform. You may be right.

Thanks

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/17/16 at 00:01:10

I have a pair of their discontinued big brothers (FE107E - 90dB) in sealed boxes that I use with an EL84 based amp that can be operated at 2 watts triode or 6 watts pentode. In my small room they work well with 2 watts, but in my larger space they like 6 watts better.

No experience with the ported Orcas.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #7 - 12/18/16 at 17:18:22

Tal - We have the Super XRS 7mkII that are pictured on Louis site, the floorstanding model. I could not load the AAtrader page but if it's the same thing for that price it's a great deal. I have only heard the Omegas and bought them unheard (as with my Racheal & ZP3) but NO regrets. Totally musical system, magic happens every time we turn it on. Keep us posted and post some photos if possible. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print