Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 05:06:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No longer my generation... (Read 5594 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

No longer my generation...
12/06/16 at 17:33:21

I get reminded of this every day.

I just read a story about the upcoming Grammy awards.  I have not heard of many of these people.  Plus, Beyonce is nominated for a rock music award.  So, Beyonce is rock?  Okay, I am so out of touch.  Oh, David Bowie, who died, is nominated.  I doubt he would have been nominated if he was alive.  As it was, Bowie was never my cup of tea, so to speak.

Seriously, I know the older generation isn't supposed to appreciate the younger generations music, but WTF?

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: No longer my generation...
Reply #1 - 12/06/16 at 17:50:13

This was when I stopped watching or caring about music awards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Hard_Rock/Metal_Performance_...
Vocal_or_Instrumental

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Dudley
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 12/14/16 at 13:37:26

Same here, I haven't got a clue who half of these people are lol.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 12/14/16 at 23:46:41

The last time I watched, Stevie Ray Vaughan and George Thorogood played to Chuck Berry together. '81-'82 ish.
The days are long but the years are short.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 12/15/16 at 01:22:05

The term "music" awards is starting to stretch things a bit.  Attention awards might be a better name for it.

WWW   IP Logged
riknbkr330
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 12/15/16 at 02:24:02

My kids ridicule me because I don't know any of their bands....but I cut them some slack as they like The Beatles, The Who and The Kinks.  At least they have the basic foundations. Smiley

Main System:
Decware Rachael; Omega Monitor 7; Omega deep8 sub; Oppo BD-105>Zbit; Rega P5; Dynavector 20X2L;Parks Budgie SUT; Decware ZP3.
Second System: Creek Classic 5350SE; Rega RS1; Dual 1264; Musical Surroundings Phonomena II
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/15/16 at 04:44:58

I try to find balance, one side of my family finds it abominable that Mass is not still said in Latin while the other spends most of their time on the outer Cape.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there lies a field...I will meet you there"  

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/15/16 at 12:30:36

i am in my 50's and have teen girls... we are in different universes on most topics.  music is a little different. 80% of what they listen to i have no clue what it is and don't care, but the other 20% there seems to be a connection.  i'll hear them listening to the dead, paul simon, zeppelin, etc... so, i guess i can't complain too much.  there is a thread that joins us musically.  they are getting dead and co. tickets for their christmas gift this year!  

everything else.  forget it!  this generation is different (mostly lazy, unmotivated, expecting everything to drop in their lap)!

back to music awards, haven't watched any in over 20yrs.  no interest.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print