Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 12:56:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone in the Austin Texas area? (Read 7813 times)
LeftyEric
Verified Member

Anyone in the Austin Texas area?
12/13/16 at 21:20:34

Hi All,

I've been reading reviews on this forum for way too long now, and I'm sold on the Super Zen for all the right reasons. (I currently have a pair of Klipsch RB-5's and an inexpesive Chinese SET amp (just to get a taste) but I now plan to step it up and am purchasing the Zen to pair with some Tekton Lore References.

Is anyone in the Austin, Texas area and willing to let me have a listen to their Zen (or any Decware gear for that matter)?

I'll bring a six pack of delicious beers as a thank you.  I'm in southwest Austin but happy to get in the car and drive for a listen.

-Eric

Tekton Perfect SET, SE84UFO3 Monos (poly bypass mod), Denafrips Ares ii DAC, Parasound ZPhono XRM, Nagaoka MP-110 on UTurn.
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone in the Austin Texas area?
Reply #1 - 12/14/16 at 00:05:52

I don't live in Austin but I'd like to live there.  If you can wait a few years I'll be there.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 12/14/16 at 13:33:17

Well, I'll be there too, in a couple months: Round Rock, Austin, San Antonio/AirBnB....even visiting as far down as McAllen, TX, for some warmth......much needed break by then from the frozen tundra up here.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/14/16 at 13:55:22

There you go, Stone.  Take your SE84C with you and help this guy out with a demo with your amp and his loudspeakers.

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/15/16 at 05:36:50

If you ever come up to KC give me a shout.  I've the fortune to own a Torii IV and a couple of ZKIT1's.  They are pure joy, such compelling equipment I cannot entertain the idea of spending my time or effort anywhere else.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 12/15/16 at 12:32:20

From what you wrote ericwe.....go for it. I doubt you will be sending it back. Steve has to charge 10% restock, and freight to and from....to keep the tire kicker's at bay. Put your skin in the game and order it.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/19/16 at 03:59:10

Oklahoma City, OK
Have a older Zen Select, Rachel and Torii Jr. Running Blumenstein Orcs w/sub and Omega Super Alinco Monitors w/sub.

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
LeftyEric
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 01/31/17 at 22:59:34

So...  I pulled the trigger today and ordered the SE84UFO, Tekton Lore 2.0's and Blue Jean wires and cables.  

It'll be connected via Airport Express, streaming Tidal.  Turntable to come a bit later and room treatment will need to be addressed at some point.

Admittedly I'm keeping a watchful eye on cost, but I have to say I'm pretty stoked.  It should sound really nice.

This forum has been super fun to read over the past months, to help gather a plan, and simply learn. Thanks very much ya'll - truly appreciated.  

Now, I wait..

Tekton Perfect SET, SE84UFO3 Monos (poly bypass mod), Denafrips Ares ii DAC, Parasound ZPhono XRM, Nagaoka MP-110 on UTurn.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 02/01/17 at 17:15:35

You are going to love the UFO amp!

I took my 18+ year old Zen amp in to Decware a few weeks ago to have the UFO magic done on mine.

Just remember to give everything plenty of time to warm up, break everything in while enjoying the sound, and eventually you'll have one of those nights where you're like WOW - where did this beautiful music come from!!

I have the big ZMA now, but once my Zen comes back all UFO'd, I'm going to put some time into my low wattage purity system for the bedroom.  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
JR
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 02/10/17 at 17:26:32

I live in Austin.  I ordered my SE84UFO about five weeks ago, so i am about 7 weeks out.  I will be using this with some Omega Super 7 monitors.  Feel free to pm me and when i get this in you can come by and get a sneak preview of what you are waiting for Smiley  I

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print