Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 06:20:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Connecting Torii MkIII to powered subwoofer? (Read 4697 times)
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Connecting Torii MkIII to powered subwoofer?
12/02/16 at 13:33:13

Hi everyone,
I purchased a Torii MkIII from "marcocolo" on this forum about a year ago, and am just delighted and awestruck with the sound I am getting.  
I currently have a stereo pair of 12" subs that I used in combination with my main speakers (GMA Eos HD) with my prior solid state amp, running "speaker-level" connections to the main speakers and to the plate amps of the subs, as per Roy's (owner of GMA) advice, as he said this would allow for better integration with my main speakers.  The Torii I bought had the second set of RCA inputs modified, as per Steve's instructions, to be used as subwoofer "line-level" outputs, which is how I now have my subs attached.  Is there any reason I could not try running speaker-level outputs from the Torii's binding posts to my subs' plate amps, i.e., is there something about the Torii's design that requires the use of the "after-market" line-level RCA outputs to attach powered subwoofers?
Thanks so much,
Chris

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Connecting Torii MkIII to powered subwoofer?
Reply #1 - 12/03/16 at 16:41:18

Chris- I don't have a Torii but our Rachael is run speaker level to the Omega Deep8 sub and another set of speaker wires run from the Rachael to the Omega Super 7XRS mk2 with no problem. I can't see why you have any issues. Louis @ Omega seemed to think that the speaker level gave a better blend and I tried RCA also but stuck with speaker level. My speaker wire is run under the house and is a StraighWire 11 gauge Quad (four separate conductors) per wire so it was pretty easy. Let us know what you end up doing and how it sounds. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Re: Connecting Torii MkIII to powered subwoofer?
Reply #2 - 12/03/16 at 16:44:22

Thanks so much!  That's what I thought, so I'm not sure why the previous owner had the RCAs jacks modded to allow for line-level subwoofer out.  Maybe his sub didn't offer speaker-level input?  Who knows?
Thanks again; I'll give the speaker-level a go; that's what my speaker manufacturer also recommends.
Best,
Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print