Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:59:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Left channel out - any suggestions? (Read 2545 times)
Ellsworth
Seasoned Member

Left channel out - any suggestions?
09/06/16 at 01:30:41

Unfortunately, the left channel on my SuperZen amp is completely out.  The other night I thought I heard it go in and out and tonight when I turned  it on, I get no sound at all and the meter on it reads zero.  The meter on the right channel shows a normal reading and produces sound.

I changed power tubes (stock 6p15p tubes) thinking that the tube had gone out but the result is the same.  The tubes all light up so I am completely mystified by this.  

Unfortunately, I don't have a backup amp so am out of luck until I can either fix this myself or send it in for repair.  Any suggestions on things to try before sending it in for repair?  Thanks for any comments.

IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Re: Left channel out - any suggestions?
Reply #1 - 09/06/16 at 21:08:04

Since you swapped tubes and nothing changed and the tubes light up(the heaters are working) then it could be the meter or something went wrong with the cathode or plate wiring. A call to Steve is probably in order.

IP Logged
Ellsworth
Seasoned Member

Re: Left channel out - any suggestions?
Reply #2 - 09/07/16 at 02:31:02

Thanks for the comment.  I spoke with Steve today and will try a couple more tubes tonight just to make sure that is not the issue.  This may need to go back to the mother ship for a tuneup.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print