Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 12:05:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Original Blue Torii upgrades? (Read 3645 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Original Blue Torii upgrades?
09/01/16 at 20:12:25

Ok, so, this is 9/1/2016 and I'm asking about an amp released a long, long time ago.  I think I had the CCE mod done on it but I can't be certain.  My memory is not what it once was.

So, can anything be upgraded?  Can I get the UFO transformers on it?

I know, why not just get a new Torii, right?  Well, my Torii has been faithful for many years and I thought I'd ask.  I mean, you wouldn't throw out an old 57 Chevy and just buy a new one, would you?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Original Blue Torii upgrades?
Reply #1 - 09/01/16 at 20:15:36

I'd email Sarah or Steve to get the poop straight from the poopers. I understand completely, a seasoned amp is something special, a few years on these amps and they start to bloom and grow more refined and more musical still. Modding that core seems a great idea. I had beeswax caps put into a seasoned Torii and it was a great thing to do.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/01/16 at 21:09:43

I dropped Steve an email but I know he is a busy man and maybe someone else knew the answer.  It would be good to know what can be done with old equipment.

IP Logged
Corey
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/01/16 at 21:45:11

Matchman,

About the only thing you could do to improve that 12 watt push-pull is upgrade the output transformers to better bass output ones. That would mean a new chassis and probably would be tedious because if my mind serves me correctly, that amp uses a parallel combination of (2) each channel and they had to be matched by trial and error. Not bad when using the cheap ones Steve uses in their but expensive if wanting to run full output bass models. Sell it?  ::) Ya, sell it!

WWW   IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/01/16 at 22:03:52

The blue Torii I had 3 years ago produced prodigious bass driving Legacy Classics with dual 10" woofers. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print