Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 02:13:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acoustic Elegance Dipole Woofers (Read 1805 times)
Rich

Acoustic Elegance Dipole Woofers
08/19/16 at 21:43:12

I came across this company on line.  They sell a line of woofers designed for OB use.  Has anyone heard of them or know of any reviews?

http://aespeakers.com/product-category/dipole/

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Re: Acoustic Elegance Dipole Woofers
Reply #1 - 08/19/16 at 23:07:02

all drivers, especially those with a cone have "dipole" radiation patterns. If the cone moves forward to make sound, it must move rearward to return to its resting position, thus producing sound rearward also, out of phase with the front wave and therefore dipole in radiation pattern.  The back wave is considered "a problem to deal with" in a box speaker(how to absorb-acoustic suspension) or how to put it to work - bass reflex.  And the back wave is considered a benefit in an open baffle - just let it fly..!!!

I have not heard of this company.  I do have experience with and own Hawthorne Audio Augie's which I operate in "dipole" fashion in open baffles - best bass I've ever had - quantity is not an issue either.  And they cost less than the Acoustic Elegance models.....

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print