Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:49:13 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I got a new computer DAC (Read 2268 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

I got a new computer DAC
08/15/16 at 17:55:59

I purchased an iFI nano iDSD DAC.

It was easy enough to install; however, a driver needed to be installed and it was a little bit of a hassle finding it and installing it but I got it done.

So, right off the bat it didn't sound all that different with some of the music I had already ripped.  I deleted a few of the selections I had and re-ripped them in a loss-less format.  I don't know if that is what did it but after that the music was really big and wide.  

For some reason music off Youtube sounds better than music I rip or music on the actual CD.  I'm not sure why.

So far, I like the new sound.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: I got a new computer DAC
Reply #1 - 08/15/16 at 18:40:47

Cool! Keep us posted as things get toasted.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Re: I got a new computer DAC
Reply #2 - 08/21/16 at 01:25:47

The DAC came with a short digital cable, about 1ft.  I had trouble getting it set in a good place on the desk.  So, I purchased a slight upgrade, a 1.5m Audioquest USB cable.  I mean, 1.5m is supposed to be the ideal length, right?  I installed it, put on a CD and hell, I had to lower the volume drastically.  What the heck?  There was a drastic volume increase.  I didn't expect that at all.  Let's see how it does on the sound quality.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print