04/25/24 at 08:21:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cabinet gain (Read 2182 times)
phattoo
Verified Member

Cabinet gain
08/17/16 at 19:42:00

I have read a LOT of opinions on the internet and NONE can give a solid scientific answer to the question; Can deadening the outside of an enclosure,sealed or vented, give positive or negative affect to the output of a subwoofer?

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Cabinet gain
Reply #1 - 08/17/16 at 21:11:00

phattoo- I cannot fine any scientific data, but I know that back in the late 1980's early 1990's I was selling quite a few of the Velodyne ULD series of subwoofers (12'', 15'' & 18'') and owned one of each at different times, and a lot of the installs would include a LARGE potted plant which tighten up the sound and couple to the floor/room better and that allowed me to turn it down but keep the tone and room pressure. I have some lead sheets around and will play with putting them on top of my Omega sub, just for kicks. Post any data you find to support or refute. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
phattoo
Verified Member

Re: Cabinet gain
Reply #2 - 08/18/16 at 17:19:41

Thank You for the response and information.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print