Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 05:39:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blu Ray Audio ONLY players (Read 5131 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Blu Ray Audio ONLY players
06/17/16 at 01:34:07

Is there such a thing?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Blu Ray Audio ONLY players
Reply #1 - 06/17/16 at 04:56:06

Haven't seen one. But why is it necessary? Just get the best one for audio you can find and you have the great picture quality as a plus (and for navigating menus on audio discs).

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/17/16 at 14:47:03

The reason I ask is I don't have my audio gear near a monitor so I don't plan to use it to watch movies or anything like that, just audio.  If a regular blu ray player will do the trick using the remote that I am down with that.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 06/17/16 at 15:10:16

Some discs you may have to have a monitor to access all you want, I think. But some are designed to be used without a monitor. To be honest, there are so few Blu-ray Audio discs out yet that I'm not sure it warrants buying a machine that is good enough for analog output (there's the rub, most Blu-ray players are not really designed with a great audio output stage). But then again, there are more Blu-ray
Audio discs I'm not interested in musically than there are those that I am interested in, someone with different tastes may find that quite different and see enough titles to justify a machine.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/17/16 at 16:29:11

I've seen a couple of blu ray disks out there, not many, that I'd like to have and hear.  That's about it.  As it is, in my bedroom system I use a cheap Sony blu-ray player which does a good job with CDs.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 06/17/16 at 17:43:08

Cool. Well use it for Blu-ray discs then and see what that sounds like.

I decided about five years plus ago that my weakest link was my sources and I went to levels of sources that make me very picky now. In some ways I wish I hadn't but then again I revel in the sound I have and I got all my bases covered when I could, before I remarried!

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #6 - 06/18/16 at 16:44:02

Check out OPPO they have 2 players in which the more expensive one has upgraded dac chips for audiophile use and they also now have a bluray transportl. I have owned several OPPO units and they are quality built. I use them for video but based on the quality of the video performance I would venture to say the audio should be on par as well.

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print