Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 00:11:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Demo Quality Music (Read 4712 times)
Rich

Demo Quality Music
05/27/16 at 19:25:42

I thought it might be interesting to have a topic on what music folks consider "demo" quality. The stuff that really shows off their system.

Somevof my favorites:
Lee Ritenour's Six String Theory - CD
Santana  Abraxas  -  HD download
Steely Dan Aja - CD
Fourplay Between the sheets - CD
Dire Straits Brothers in arms - CD
Miles Davis Kind of Blue - CD
Burton Corea Metheny Haynes Like Minds - CD
Bloomfield Kooper Stills Super Session - CD
Sarah McLachlan Surfacing -CD
Lee Ritenour Wes Bound - CD

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Re: Demo Quality Music
Reply #1 - 06/06/16 at 14:37:32

If You Want Blood You've Got It.

Many, many years ago, a few decades, I purchased a crappy Stereo from one of those big box stores of the day.  It came with a CD player that long ago died.  It also came with these tall towers.  

Anyway, I remember that I put in the early CD of ACDC's If You Want Blood You've Got it.  It sounded as real as if I was in the actual venue.  I remember I would play it to my friends and they would also marvel in the realism.

I still have that same CD and I've attempted to recreate that same feel since those days but I've failed miserably.

I sold those towers to a friend who to this day uses them and will not sell them back.  Whatever I replaced those speakers with has long been forgotten but I believe it was some B&W things.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/16/16 at 03:47:35

I'd like to add these:
Pink Floyd-The Division Bell

and...

and...

IP Logged
rahul
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 11/10/16 at 07:02:24

Anyway, I remember that I put in the early CD of ACDC's If You Want Blood You've Got it.  It sounded as real as if I was in the actual venue.  I remember I would play it to my friends and they would also marvel in the realism.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print