Send Topic Print
I have no business (Read 2586 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

I have no business
03/18/16 at 18:56:02

Yup, that 's right, I have no business....owning this new piece of test equipment. It's just that a hand held DMM was getting me into more trouble than it was helping. Yah, thats it, it's the meters fault. I needed a device that was accurate and had the capability to measure things like distortion, noise levels, and hopefully, frequency response. I ended up with a Kiethly 2015 shop unit. It's compact, and boy does it have features. 288 page manual makes me wince at the thought that I will probably barely scratch the surface of what this device can do. Now the question is, should I have opted for a decent oscilloscope instead? I'm a visual type guy, and numbers are less meaningful than an actual display. You'll be hearing more about this soon enough. I may have to return it and trade for the scope.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print