Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 13:25:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware pill (Read 2207 times)
Luis

Decware pill
12/07/15 at 16:09:52

... How long has that Decware pill video been there...??  [smiley=57.gif] First time I notice, what is it??

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware pill
Reply #1 - 12/07/15 at 20:46:34

I remember reading about this in another thread. I think it's some type of room treatment in the guise of a floor mat type thingy. I think it was used at the last Decfest, so some of the guys may be able to help with more defined details.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 12/07/15 at 21:19:36

No It looks like a big shiny horse pill.They come in a fancy box and all.

You install them in the your interconnects at the amp I believe.

I don't know if we did have it in the system at Decfest this year.
Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 12/07/15 at 21:46:29

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #4 - 12/07/15 at 23:21:32

Thanks Lon! Has anybody tried them?

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #5 - 12/07/15 at 23:25:29

think "networked" speaker cable... MIT, Transparent... etc. Except at the line level.  I was told that they were demo'd at Zenfest, but I wasn't around at the time they were demo'd apparently.  However, I did talk to Steve directly about them a bit, and he said they are designed to smooth out your digititus and make it more analog-like.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/08/15 at 01:26:49

Well... I wasn't even in the ballpark! Grin Cheesy Embarrassed

IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/09/15 at 00:33:38

I'm taking bets on how long it will take Palomino and the CDAps gang to convince me that I just have to have the "Pill".

I don't blame Steve D. but that bunch in the windy city are costing me money!

Dennis (Evil smile)

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/09/15 at 15:59:35

You mean you guys don't have this yet?   It's a no brainer Roll Eyes

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #9 - 12/09/15 at 16:20:10

good one Pal!  

I think I'm pretty well set: Pair of Ediswan's coming for CSP3 Output to ZMA Ediswan's Input........... .

Listening Room:

Room Treatments from Michael Green & Home Brew

Sony as Transport (DVP-NS57P)/Sandwich weighted for Isolation

Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax IC

****Shunyata Research ZiTron Alpha Digital Power Cord****
{you need to experience the next level it can take your DAC}

Decware ZDSD DAC / Recorder
W/Steve's Output Transformer's/kicking to the curb quite a few superb DAC'S!
(@ -20 Ref Level, 0.0 Input volume and @ 16/192)
{also @ kept/-20 Ref Level & -.5db or -1.0 Input volume Level}

WBT-0102Ag RCA Kimber Select KS1030

Decware CSP3 w/Jupiter Caps
(NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube~Russian 6N1P-EV's for Output Tubes & 5U4G-C Rectifier)
10 of 10 for Input tube & (8 or 9) of 10 voltage for Output tubes
Volume adjustment usage at 0 to 40%

Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier
(NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 in my A12 an B12 positions~6N23P-EV's for Inverter Tubes~JAN Sylvania 0A3's & Tung-Sol KT66's)
ZMA adjusted at 50% to 70% of Volume

Kimber Select KS6063 Speaker Cable 8ft WBT-0681-Ag Spades

Acoustic Zen Adagio - Black Pearl (Modified)

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3kHz/18dB/Octave, Linkwitz/Riley Crossovers....with all crappy parts = gone)

XLO Pro Power Cords to CSP3 an ZMA
PS Audio P3 Power Plant / Pangea AC-9SE from wall to P3
(Transport, ZDSD an CSP3, Regenerated/120 ~ Multiwave off...ZMA on High Current Output)

PS=the: NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /Inputs = ZMA are breathtaking.............. .

NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube/CSP3 ~ not taken for granted neither......... .

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #10 - 12/11/15 at 16:45:35

A popular question regarding the Pill is no doubt going to be "can you make it with a male end so that an additional interconnect cable doesn't have to be used?"  ...and the answer is no.  Using the Pills will require an additional pair of interconnects.

We recommend that this second pair of interconnects be 1/2 meter in length and ideally of the same brand, model and type as the first pair so as not to introduce unnecessary variables.

-Steve  :)

WWW   IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #11 - 12/11/15 at 21:23:33

Well just for giggles I order a pair of these to see how they do for my computer setup.  So far I have never had an issue with any decware gear so figure if its being sold then it must do some good. Smiley

IP Logged
Luis

Reply #12 - 12/12/15 at 23:09:16

Looking forward to hear what you think!

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #13 - 12/13/15 at 03:18:28

unfortunately I know it will cost a bit for my digital source to play catch up to my analog side, not sure that its time to tell my wife just yet, I'm not sure if the pill should part of it...ill keep listening!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #14 - 12/15/15 at 04:09:17

I heard them at Decware - but really didn't give them a serious A/B test at all. Steve was just showing off his prototypes (sorry, I was sworn to secrecy). Steve was very excited about them, and the theory behind them makes sense to me.

I'd really have to test some in the CDApS listening rooms to be able to speak to them more. We've been so busy with the USB Regen and various cables, we've not really been looking at much else.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #15 - 12/20/15 at 02:48:44

so i got my pills and i have to say it made my humle desktop setup sound just better,  more analog and less digital....yep I am happy with them and I have been just listening to one song...its nice cause I can just take them out real quick for an a/b comparison and no contest they werent even out for half a song before i put them back in.  

For me then just added nice density and less metalic sounding that I had not even noticed.  the details got fuller too...soory I suck at describing but needless to say I am very happy with them.

Happy holidays everyone

IP Logged
Luis

Reply #16 - 12/21/15 at 16:48:55

Thanks for the update Jazz! It looks like a huge improvement!  That´s good to know, I wonder if this would work regardless of the system.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #17 - 01/16/16 at 15:32:24

http://highend-electronics.com/products/high-fidelity-magnetic-rca-adapters

I like that these don't need an additional pair of IC's to run them.

I'm going to get a pair from the Lending Library/CableCo.
(destination side > direction)

Try them in both my Rig's. First up, the Listening Room of course....Running in to my ZMA.

Listening Room:

Oppo PM-1 (32 ohm)   &   Sennheiser HD 600 (300 ohm)

Room Treatments from Michael Green & Home Brew

Sony as Transport (DVP-NS57P)/Sandwich weighted for Isolation

Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax IC

Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha Digital Power Cord to ZDSD!

Decware ZDSD DAC / Recorder
W/Steve's Output Transformer's/kicking to the curb quite a few superb DAC'S!
(@ -20 Ref Level, 0.0 Input volume and @ 16/192)

Decware CSP3 w/Jupiter Caps
(NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube~NOS Platinum Ediswan Cryogenic 6922's for Output Tubes & 5U4G-C Rectifier)
10 of 10 for Input tube & *9* of 10 voltage for Output tubes
Volume adjustment usage at 25% to 55% from 0

Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier
~BIASED at *60* mA~
(NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 in my A12 an B12 positions~6N23P-EV's for Inverter Tubes~JAN Sylvania 0A3's & Tung-Sol KT66's)
ZMA adjusted at 25% to 35% from 0

Kimber Select KS6063 Speaker Cable 8ft WBT-0681-Ag Spades

Acoustic Zen Adagio - Black Pearl (Modified)

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3kHz/18dB/Octave, Linkwitz/Riley Crossovers....with all crappy parts = gone)

XLO Pro Power Cords to CSP3 an ZMA
PS Audio P3 Power Plant / Pangea AC-9SE from wall to P3
(Transport, ZDSD an CSP3, Regenerated/*122*~ Multiwave off...ZMA on High Current Output)

PS: NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /Inputs = ZMA are breathtaking.............. .

*Also: Cryoset 6N23N-EB's, rotated in and out of Inputs/ZMA*

NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube/CSP3 ~ not taken for granted neither......... .

NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /PRE Outputs of CSP3, running  into ZMA Inputs with Ediswan's = revelatory!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #18 - 01/16/16 at 15:51:08

I'm going to get the whole Suite....and give them a run. A very good Life below Zero, in the Northland winter Listening/project.

"High Fidelity's BRAND NEW Magnetic RCA Adapters will give you a taste what magnetic conduction technology can offer. Simply fit the directional adapters onto your current cables and hear the benefits of magnetic conduction.

Available for analog RCA and digital SPFDIF (RCA) connectors.

Prices:
$299 for one pair (analog)
$549 for two pair (analog - source and destination side)
$179 for one (digital)
$358 for two (digital - source and destination side)"

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
TomD
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 01/16/16 at 20:42:37

Steve:Why don't you integrate the Decware Pil with the Decware interconnect like .25M interconnect-Pil-.25M interconnect and sell them for $300-$325? It would allow a better integrated connection,probably allow a shorter length overall,and would be cheaper then purchasing a pair of Pils + (2) .5M (at least) interconnects

IP Logged
davisoly
Verified Member

Reply #20 - 01/24/16 at 17:14:35

Are these pills priced and sold as single units, or are they sold as a pair? At $450 a pair I must walk away.
davisoly

IP Logged
TomD
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 01/24/16 at 22:08:36

They are $229 for the Gold (for a pair) and $269 for the silver (pair).Not sure why though Silver is more unless it's constructed differently.I usually prefer a warmer sound so I would probably prefer the Gold.Have to ask Steve on this.

IP Logged
davisoly
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 01/24/16 at 23:58:07

Thanks, Tom. It's what I needed to know. I even have an extra pair of interconnects sitting idle to install them with.
Lynn
============

IP Logged
TomD
Verified Member

Reply #23 - 01/25/16 at 00:20:14

If you do decide to get them be sure to tell us how well they worked in your system

IP Logged
davisoly
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 01/25/16 at 00:36:48

I certainly will. I have essentially a Decware system. So I am as curious as the folks here would probably be. I don't think Steve has been moving many of these, based upon the slim postings in the forum. I discovered them by accident. I wasn't really shopping for them. If I get a pair, I surely will share the experience.
Lynn

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #25 - 02/10/16 at 02:40:36

Hi Tom,

We didn't design the device with a captive interconnect because cables eventually fail and because few audiophiles can agree on which cable is best.

We didn't make one end male as some have suggested because the weight and leverage it would have on the female jack of your amp would break one or the other eventually.

The difference between the Gold and Silver is an internal film and foil bypass cap to speed things up for use with audiophile quality recordings not excluding LP's and Reel to Reel.  The Gold is UN-bypassed which slows it down.   The fact that the jacks themselves are Gold vs. Silver is irrelevant except to distinguish between the two.

Steve Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #26 - 02/10/16 at 03:06:45

Stone,

Product is designed so that you can't A/B it... classic placebo technobabble that relies on quantum physics to explain how it works. And since you linked to it I'm obligated to say I wouldn't waste my time on them. It won't do any better than putting magnets on your water pipes to soften your water.

However... if you do purchase them, read my post about the PILL TOUR and maybe in the interest of science you would want to put them on tour with the PILL's so that everyone can compare something that works with something that doesn't Wink

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #27 - 02/10/16 at 17:43:08

My bad. I forgot to come back to this post...the same week/after I did more homework on the High Fidelity's.... .  Hocus Pocus....I agree.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
TomD
Verified Member

Reply #28 - 02/12/16 at 00:06:21

Steve-since you won't integrate the Pil into the interconnect any chance you could offer up .25 m versions of your standard interconnect?  so someone could purchase two (one for in front of and one for in back of the Pils) and still be able to keep the length reasonable between source and preamp.I would think you would sell more Pils this way cause I know for some having two interconnects (even .5 m ones  between source and preamp + the Pils) is a no go

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 02/12/16 at 21:41:49

TomD wrote on 02/12/16 at 00:06:21:
Steve-since you won't integrate the Pil into the interconnect any chance you could offer up .25 m versions of your standard interconnect?  so someone could purchase two (one for in front of and one for in back of the Pils) and still be able to keep the length reasonable between source and preamp.I would think you would sell more Pils this way cause I know for some having two interconnects (even .5 m ones  between source and preamp + the Pils) is a no go

Some short jumpers for the PILLs sounds like a good idea.  I don't know if I missed this somewhere, but does there need to be a specific length of cable between them?  If not, what about just using some good quality RCA male to female mono adaptor/couplers?

IP Logged
TomD
Verified Member

Reply #30 - 03/25/16 at 18:37:18

Has anyone tried the Silver Pils yet?-anyone?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #31 - 03/25/16 at 19:06:06

Will has done extensive listening and chronicled his impressions in this thread, starting on this page:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1455075036/15#15

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print