Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 20:03:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DB Labs Tranquility dac (Read 2956 times)
marcocolo
Verified Member

DB Labs Tranquility dac
10/14/15 at 16:13:57

Selling a like new Tranquility. Just recently bought this but decided not to go USB/computer route. This is Will's (here on Decware forums) favorite piece. Sell for $425 shipped in lower 48. Thanks, Mark

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: DB Labs Tranquility dac
Reply #1 - 10/14/15 at 16:24:31

Yes, with the output version I have, the Apple Mini tweaked, separated linear USB power, a good USB cable, good player software.....I do love this DAC! I guess the true test is musical satisfaction. For years, with all the talk about the popular DACs of whatever time, I just have not a craving to explore further.

Cool

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
skiroe

Re: DB Labs Tranquility dac
Reply #2 - 11/11/15 at 22:02:56

Hmmm,  I have been toying off and on with buying another DAC although my focus has been on a DAC with ST input ---which has been steadily disappearing (as much as I have checked within  $1000  price point used) to compliment my vintage Lambda  end of production of quality  Philips drives  (CDM9pro)    So I checked this out on their web page and to my surprise its not usable for transports..   Which I would think also helps DB Labs to focus on optimizing the design because its USB only.     I Don't know that I will ever dabble in computer based files ,,etc.   Although reading a bit just lately has me thinking about hi rez files  which apparently I've been told by a user that the NAD M51 is supposed to be the cats meow.   Cool   Then I wondered if maybe the ST/glass fiber  which had always  been touted as a superior way of transmitting the signal from transport to DAC has been eclipsed by advances in technology so that coax or the other output options,,, (aside from Toslink which is generally known to be not so good)   are as good or better than the ST option.  I have no idea.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print