Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 15:40:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pics of my Decware gear on Anticables.com FB page (Read 7657 times)
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Pics of my Decware gear on Anticables.com FB page
08/27/15 at 14:44:55

Hi guys,

So I've been using Anticable Level 3 speaker cables for over a month now and am really liking them.  Anticables is located here in the Twin Cities and the owner, Paul Speltz came by 2 weeks ago to listen to my setup and brought along several of his prototypes PC's and interconnects.  Suffice it to say my wife and I were very impressed and will be investing down the road in more of his cables.

Anyways,  a few days later Paul emailed and asked me to make a little write up of the visit and send him some pics of my wife and I and the rig.  He put us in his inaugural newsletter!  Of course I gave Decware a nice plug. Wink  I'm not real good with Facebook but if you are  I imagine you can search for the Anticables page easy enough.  That or go to their website and sign up for the newsletter.  Paul is a super interesting guy and said he knows Steve very well.  So check it out if you want.

Greg

Edit:  I found it on Facebook and clicked on the image of me and my wife (had to scroll down to see it). It took me to this link.  Hopefully it works.

http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=aa3585cbb6b2489907ec8f1aa&id=bbf92fe976

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Pics of my Decware gear on Anticables.com FB page
Reply #1 - 08/27/15 at 18:53:02

Hi! Have you heard any of the RCA IC's from Anticables (Anti-IC)?  They're having a 50% sale now, and I'm considering trying a pair but I don't really know which of the levels offered becomes the real diminishing returns gate ... sort of speak. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 08/27/15 at 21:42:41

Very cool Greg. I've been meaning to try Anti Cable forever. I think I'm finally going to hit Paul up with a phone call. If he can dethrone my Kimber/I'm okay with selling it.

Nice System you have too!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/27/15 at 22:42:56

Thanks Stone,  and thank you Decware for making my nice system.

And Fireblade, as far as which interconnects to try, I'd go with the best you can spring for, especially if they are 50% off.  I know I'm getting his Level 3 Power cord next.  I really liked what that did to the sound.  And that was plugged straight into the wall at Paul's recommendation.  He also hooked up his latest rca interconnects to my Oppo and Pro-ject 5.1 tt to the ZP3.  What he, my wife and I easily noticed was a less stereo more natural sound.  Also,  with my Audioquest Diamond back interconnects and PS Audio Prelude pc the bass and treble stood out apart from the mids if that makes sense.  With the Anticables in place all freq's were seamless.  Natural.  Hell I really thought it all sounded great before, but man.  Easily noticeable difference with his cables, all in a good way.   It was a fun evening having him over and I would never have known what a difference cables can make otherwise because I would have sat tight with what I had without his demo.

Greg

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #4 - 08/28/15 at 14:02:20

Thanks for the pointers, Greg12. I'll look further into Anti-IC's and make a decision.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 08/28/15 at 14:27:19

Yup, I'm going to do it.

Call Paul, after Labor Day and get two pair of 6.2 IC's and Level 3 Speaker Wire and play the heck out of them for 30 days!

.....vs. my two Kimber Select 1030 RCA IC's and Kimber 3033 Speaker Cable. (I sold my 3035 Kimber/not needed...thank goodness for AudiogoN).

Heck, he is just down the road from me in Lake Elmo. I live in Oakdale.

I buy Sweet Corn from and in Lake Elmo.....why not some Audio Cables!

Hey, Minnesota has the best Sweet Corn! Sorry, Illinois.  ;D Grin

PS-Greg, I had that TV Rack/stand you're using. Nice heavy stable tempered glass with adjustment to the glass. Looks like you have Mapleshade Isoblocks too....very nice. It held my very heavy Sony WEGA, back in the day. Wish I still had it. Fits your Decware nicely!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 08/28/15 at 22:58:00

Thanks Stone.  It is a nice solid stand.  The isolation blocks I found online for $1.50 each.  Probably the same thing as Mapleshades.

I've been thinking about those 6.2 interconnects.  I wonder how limited they are.  My wife wants to get the PC's first though and I'll be damned if I'm gonna debate her on what to get first.  I can't believe I'm not having to talk her into buying the PC's!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/28/15 at 23:33:09

Hi Greg...I also use Anti-Cables and find they sound great with Decware gear.  I have the Level 3 reference speaker cables and the previous generation (4.1’s I believe) reference RCA interconnects.  They now offer RCA cables 2 levels above mine (Level 5.2 and 6.2).  I have not tried the AC power cables, but Paul thought I should (I use PS Audio power cables).

I think the Anti-Cables have a great balance of weight, soundstage size, detail and musicality.  They definitely hold their own vs. more expensive cables.  I have had the JPS Superconductor 3, Audience AU24SE, and Synergistic Research Element Copper in my system (demo from The Cable Co) for comparison vs. the AC’s.  All of these cables sounded significantly different in my system (it was eye-opening for me how much different).

For example, the soundstage created by the Superconductors was bigger, bolder and had more weight, but there was definitely less micro and macro detail than the Anti-Cables.  The Audience AU24SE weren’t as full sounding and lacked weight vs the Anti-Cables, but were more detailed and at least as musical as the AC’s, if not more so (I can see why a lot of folks like the Audience cables, especially with tube amps, but they are significantly more expensive than the AC’s).

That said, everything is a balance and I think it depends on all of your other components and what type of sound you are looking for.  Again, I find the AC’s sound nicely balanced in my system.  No one thing in particular seems to stand out and they are very musical.  

If there is one complaint I have about the AC’s it’s the lack of flexibility of the speaker cables.  The wire is incredibly stiff and it’s kind of a pain to work with.

IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 08/29/15 at 22:14:12

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comparisons of the AC's vs other more expensive cables.  It's great to hear positive reviews by someone here on the Decware site who (I assume) also uses them with Decware gear.  Makes it that much more relevant to me.  :)

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 08/29/15 at 23:42:53

Hi Greg...I don't have an equipment signature, but I have both a ZMA and CKC.  The AC's sound excellent with both amps. Cheers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print