03/28/24 at 10:25:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Proud New Owner!!!! (Read 7065 times)
Vmax102
Verified Member

Proud New Owner!!!!
08/06/15 at 01:52:44

New to the forum and Proud Poppa of the New Super Zen SE84CKCS  8-)
Great Forum with loads of Knowledge!!!!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Re: Proud New Owner!!!!
Reply #1 - 08/06/15 at 02:45:20

Congrats VMax!  It's a fantastic amplifier.  What speakers are you using?

IP Logged
Vmax102
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/06/15 at 03:04:48

Hey Dave, Using the Omega Outlaw Super 7XRS with built in subs.... 95db @8 ohms. Amp is deceiving with only 2 watts- Plays plenty loud in my 16x12 room- Love the meters to see how far she is pushed before starting to clip, and trust me loud enough before clipping starts. Btw have about 60 hrs on her and keeps getting better. Out of the box is Great! Near field listening is really a nice treat since Steve informed me on how to set up system....Extremely transparent and detailed with the SET magic- Love it!!!!!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/06/15 at 03:26:57

Awesome! The little Zen is really special with the right speakers and sounds like you found an amazing combo.  Transparent, detailed and musical it is indeed.   The amp will get better over time, so if you love it now you are really in for a treat down the road.  Welcome to the forum and enjoy the music.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/06/15 at 15:45:57

Good news.  You will get loads of value out of that amp.

I assume it has the UFO transformers?

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Vmax102
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 08/06/15 at 18:41:04

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, finally came up with a combination that works Very Well together! Btw have to give credit to the forum for all of the feedback on the gear.....Great job! Yes, the amp is Steve's latest version with the UFO tranny's and Jupiter cryo beeswax caps. Also have his Reference interconnect, Styx speaker cable, and power cord. Next up...........Zbit!

IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Reply #6 - 08/06/15 at 20:08:03

Welcome Vmax!

I have a SE84CKCS as well, only without the UFO trannies and with balanced inputs.  I can't imagine the amp being better than I already hear.  You are very fortunate!

I was initially nervous about having enough power to drive my 97db/w/m Hawthornes, but as you discovered this little amp has some guts.

Congrats on your purchase.

Rob

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #7 - 08/06/15 at 21:48:00

vamx,  nice!  I have the CKC 18+ month old. I'm keeping an eye out in the forums for those who are upgrading to UFO mod before I decide to take the plunge. Enjoy your rig...sounds like you have some good things happening!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Vmax102
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 08/06/15 at 22:55:10

Thanks Guys, I'm really enjoying the system and find myself now listening to music instead of "gear".....I'm digging out some of the old cd's just because it's fun to revisit stuff i thought sounded good with my old 300B. This amp is sooo much more transparent and detailed than i ever thought could be. The high end is sweet and extended without being over the edge and the bottom is coming around tighter. Could be the new UFO's!!!! All i know is i was as skeptical as most would be for buying a 2 watt amp, but wow....Can it get much better? Only time will tell, but i think i'm in for a great ride!!!!!

IP Logged
Vmax102
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 08/15/15 at 21:42:01

Just an update for the guys that are thinking of doing the Upgrade. I have about 200 hrs on the amp and she sounds real Sweet.....Has gotten more dimension and transparency- music has come off the speakers and gives this nice big soundstage, also seemed to drop back very nicely!!! I couldn't be any happier, except when I get my Zbit Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print