Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Proud New Owner!!!! (Read 8230 times)
Vmax102
Verified Member

Proud New Owner!!!!
08/05/15 at 22:13:45

Hello All,

Purchased a Super Zen SE84CKCS two weeks ago and have been really enjoying it!!!! Steve is a great guy and really spent the time to steer me in the right direction. I've always thought the 300B SET has been the signature sound that i have been after, Until Now....I am coming from an Audio Note Kit 1 300B and let me tell you i don't miss this amp at all. Don't get me wrong, it had that 300B midrange magic that comes with this genre, but have never realized how "dark" "slow" it sounded. Believe me i even rolled quite a bit of tubes and could never get to that real transparency level as this Giant 2 Watter!!!! Steve's amp is very deceiving with only 2 watts, but i'm here to tell ya with the right speaker combination it's AWESOME! Right out of the box it sounds excellent and over the past two weeks has been settling in nicely. The tube combination just seems right. There is a reason why Steve sends it with this set up. I also bought the reference interconnect, styx speaker cables and power supply cord. This way i have all the synergy and don't have to worry about my "weak link"  My front end is the OPPO95 player and my speakers are the Omega Outlaws Super 7xrs with built in Subs. 95db into 8 ohms. My room is 16x11.5 I have the speakers approx 4 feet into the room and 7 ft apart with my chair @ 7 feet from the speakers- Near field listening is the way to go... I never understood that, but once you get it right, there is no other way to listen in my opinion. Especially now, this amp is scary transparent and detailed. It also has great extension, and yet all of the 3D dimensions as the SET's.....Hmm, Next purchase? Zbit Wink

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Re: Proud New Owner!!!!
Reply #1 - 08/06/15 at 21:53:09

once again. welcome to the legions of decware owners!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Vmax102
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/06/15 at 22:58:07

Thank you Acetone!!!

IP Logged
IanO
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/07/15 at 19:12:03

How's the amp sounding with a bit more time on it? Hopefully i'll be ordering a pair in the new year. Was thinking about a torii or rachels but think these are probably the way to go. From what i have read these seem to be the best value and most transparent of the bunch. I have a pair of DM946 speakers,  though will probably end up with a pair of Omega Super Alnico Monitors. I love monitors and set's!!

IP Logged
Vmax102
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/13/15 at 22:51:48

Hi IanO,

The amp now has @ 300 hrs and sounds Superb! Sound stage is wider and deeper, totally off the speakers. Highs are real sweet and extended. The midrange is magic and very transparent. As far as the bottom if i don't have my subs on i don't feel like i'm light on the bass musically, yeah it's not as deep, but still is acceptable, especially with the Omega's efficiency and 7" driver.  I guess a good way of looking at it is if you have really good going in your going to be rewarded with the results. Me personally i like all of what i can get out of  the recordings, and that means either good or bad. My next move on speakers are going to be a lowther based system which are very high in efficiency (106db) as soon as i can come up with more $$$$ and like Steve suggests- the bar will be raised once again :0  I highly recommend this amp!!! Best of luck on your new journey.

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #5 - 11/05/15 at 03:11:07

Decware just picked the parts for my select....Cant wait  how's yours sounding by now?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print