Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cleaning procedure? (Read 5744 times)
Guillaume Bougard
Verified Member

Cleaning procedure?
08/04/15 at 11:42:01

Hi

my amp (the tori iv) is gathering dust at super high speed (that's what you get for living in Paris) and the surface of the amp is not smooth while the tubes are close to each other, making it hard to dust.

What do you good people use to clean your units? Any no-no I should be aware of?

Thanks

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Cleaning procedure?
Reply #1 - 08/04/15 at 17:45:03

Get yourself a paintbrush, and just dust it off. I saw Steve do this at Decwware when I brought my Zen amp in for a small repair.

I use a big synthetic like this:

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/04/15 at 21:50:58

Same here...and a Purdy is the BOMB!  lol
Get one too cheap and the bristles will easily pull out or break when caught in tight spaces and leave you with a new problem.

IP Logged
Guillaume Bougard
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/07/15 at 13:56:23

Of course! Why didnt I think of this???

thanks a lot

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 08/07/15 at 20:59:27

If the dust is heavy, I have a small shop vac for the inside of the house with a set of attachments for cleaning computers/ keyboards. If it's just the weekly dust a soft bristle paint brush and a can of compressed air works wonders (as others before me mentioned.) Keep'em clean and happy listening. Chris

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print