03/28/24 at 22:21:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware has landed. (Read 1174 times)
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Decware has landed.
12/15/14 at 14:03:52

So I couldn't help my self and bought some second hand Decware gear.  I picked up the SE84B and the MG944s.  Together with my NuForce Oppo 93 and cables from ALO I'm getting ridiculously awesome sound.  With all my Decware gear bing "outdated" I can't wait to hear the current stuff.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah184/amphora44boe/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zp...

NAD 516/316 - Klipsch speakers. Complete cable looks by belden, kimber, monoprice.
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Re: Decware has landed.
Reply #1 - 12/15/14 at 16:16:08

The SE84B may be "outdated", but paired with the appropriate equipment, like your's for example, it will continue to smoke lots of the current offerings out there.
Nice!

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 12/15/14 at 17:15:04

I love that big fuzzy rug! Who needs sound treatment when you have big fuzzy rugs!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/15/14 at 19:35:09

Decware amps don't become outdated, they just get better with time.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/15/14 at 23:03:27

">

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #5 - 12/16/14 at 16:57:59

No such thing as out dated with Decware...only seasoned like a fine wine. Ripping system there. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #6 - 01/02/15 at 14:25:33

I've never listened to this much music in my life!  Everyday this "built for the broke ass audiophiles" rig, as I believe Steve put in one of his papers, continues to grow on me.  I actually bought a bunch of MA CDs recently and it is breathtakingly beautiful.  Simply breathtaking.  Stuff like this should be illegal!  :)

NAD 516/316 - Klipsch speakers. Complete cable looks by belden, kimber, monoprice.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 01/02/15 at 14:41:55

Oh boy, you're spoiled now! No going back! Cheesy

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 01/02/15 at 22:27:02

Yeah, no going back - and everything else will be hard to listen to! LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #9 - 01/02/15 at 22:54:09

Exactly, I almost put my Trends TA-10.2 back in just to see what the extra 8 watts would do but then though, "why bother", and flicked the power switch at the back and put on Random Access Memories.  Life is good.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #10 - 01/06/15 at 19:19:34

Ha! I hear you Kboe.  I don't listen to radio music in the car any longer. It just sounds crappy! LP's I'm spinning with the superzen - zp3 combo are just getting better and better as the zp3 breaks in. Enjoy!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #11 - 01/07/15 at 23:33:06

How do you like the VPI and Grado combo?  I've thought about adding a TT to my system a million time but when I do the cost/complexity and starting over on a record collection just takes it out of the equation.  For example, your set up as far as the source is concerend is close to 5-6 grand no?  I could get an end of game CD player for 3-4 grand and have 2 grand left over to splurge on music.  Convince me I need a table...

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #12 - 01/09/15 at 16:26:47

Hey Kboe,  Love the superzen / zp3 combo with the traveler / grado gold. But I know I can get more detail with a better cart so, saving for ortofon 2m black as recommended by Steve D. I've done a few listens CD vs same LP. LP's more liquid with bigger soundstage...more 3D. But, to be fair my CD player is a cheap technics 5 disc carousel that's got to be at least 15 years old.  I'd say the ZP3 and TT total was around $2400 cables not included. I would have not gone the TT direction had I sold all my vinyl which had been in storage for 25+ years. But, Glad I kept the vinyl!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/09/15 at 17:08:17

Kboe,

You might want to check out what Kevin at KAB has to offer in TTs.  I went that route about 8 years ago. I had a VPI Scout on order but canceled it and went with Kevin's fully modified Technics 1200.  Very glad I did.  Here's a link you can start with:  http://www.kabusa.com/1200agon.htm

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print